Chapter 11: Guilty, Guilty

A/N: This is another short, low motivation chapter, but a LOT happens. so enjoy. and feel free to hate me. it is a bit... cruel. thanks for reading!

(wednesday pov)
Enid runs over to me, searching for the wound. "I'm fine." I push her off. She slaps me. "How could you scare me like that?" She screams. I sigh, and sit down. "I couldn't go through the door," I start. "WHY THE FUCK NOT?" she bellows, "I THOUGHT YOU'D BEEN SHOT!"

I look up at her. She sighs, "Fine. Continue with your excuses."

"I was in the woods. Tyler's dad-"

"The Sheriff?"

"Yes. Anyway, he caught me, and accused me of corrupting Tyler. I told him that I didn't, and that it was Tyler's own fault. He struggled with my request for logical thinking. Then he shot in the sky, and ran away. I couldn't exactly come in through the front door, with my reputation," I look up at the girl, who sighs. "Whatever, Wednesday. I'm used to it." She sighs, and goes back to her bed. Something rolls over in my stomach. I sit up, and look at her. "What?" She looks back at me, "I give up. You just went through something awful and you are suppressing it. Have you even talked about what happened with Tyler yet?" I hesitate, and Enid nods. "Exactly."

"I'm not sure what there is to talk about. He betrayed me, but we stopped him."

"And it was awful!" Enid chokes on her words, and looks away.

I study her, reach out, and then think better of it. I return to my bed, and turn off my lamp. The room is dark, and nobody sees the small pathways being carved by saltwater on my face.

Enid lunges at Tyler. I've seen this before. No. This is different. Enid isn't a werewolf. She is just a 5' 3" girl. What is she doing? "Enid," I breathe, but I am helpless. Tyler slices her into ribbons. I fall to my knees. The scene changes. I am at the mansion. Enid is whimpering, as Tyler's large eye peeks through the hole in the wood. I stick my arm out, working desperately to figure out how to get her out of here. But then a blue hand snatches her out from behind me. I turn desperately, and Dr. Kinbott is looking at me. "What do you think this means, Wednesday?" she asks. "Get out of my head!" I scream. Then she shifts into Enid. "I give up."

"No!"

"You're a bad friend, Wednesday," she yells, as Esme and Viper kiss in the background. I run my hands through my hair. The braids are gone. "It looks good, by the way," Enid says, and then it grows, and a braid wraps around my neck like a noose. "Wednesday!" The scream from Enid's nightmare. Nightmare. That wasn't a part of this. I open my eyes.

Enid looks down at me, eyes dripping. I blink slowly. The room is still dark, but my eyes are adjusted. I sit up. "Why are you crying?" I ask simply, sitting on my unfaithful hands, aching to wipe the tears away. "You had a nightmare."

"I love nightmares."

"Not this one," Enid says. I look away. She walks around my bed, and shoves herself under the blankets. "What are you doing?" I ask, indignant. "Returning a favor," she responds. I try to shove her off, but she wraps her arm around my waist. I feel my skin go scarlet, and I stare at the ceiling. "You've been tossing all week," Enid whispers. "I'm sorry I didn't speak up earlier. I hope you're ok."

I sigh, and stroke her hair softly, thinking of everything that's happened.

Viper puts a finger under my chin, forcing my gaze to hers. She is holding hands with Esme. I retch at the sight, and Esme slaps me. I glare up at them both as they smile at each other. Enid runs up to me, glaring at them with my passion. She cuts my wrists free, and takes my hand. "Just like us," Esme's voice echoes in my head. I stop, and pull away from Enid. She looks at me, hurt. I look at her desperately, and turn and run away. Enid stirs uncomfortably under my arm, sending my eyes open. "Wednesday, don't go..." she mumbles, turning her head into my hair, and breathing deep. She relaxes after it, and sighs back into peace. I watch her, contemplating everything. Eventually, I drift off, my head laying over hers.

I wake up, and I know. I'm in love with Enid Sinclair. Dammit. I move myself out from under her, and I go to the office to request a room change. "I'm sorry," I whisper as I gather my things while the girl still sleeps. When she wakes, I'll be gone.