𝐄𝐏. 5

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。 ˚ 𖤐

┆⋮#༘⋆⤷ CHAPTER
FIVE ; ASSIGNED SEATS .
───────────────────────

•••

malik was rambling a lot, showing you around the school as he continued talking. once you finally made it to class you hurried over to your see, but when you saw whose name was labeled on the desk next to you— all you could do was wince.

⋆.˚ ⟡ MALIK MOORE ⟡ ⋆.˚

why was his name sparkling. eugh.

"hey, we're desk buddies!" malik practically shouts while his eyes widen a bit, "there's so much I wanna tell you but I'm not sure you'd be willing to listen." he chuckled nervously.

"you're right, I don't wanna listen." you replied flatly and sat in your seat.

malik winced at your flat tone of voice. "oh. okay, my bad."

the male teacher that was in front of the class gestured for malik to sit in his seat. "let's begin class– as much as most of you don't want to attend, it's required for your future."

malik sat down in his seat that was next to yours, you cover your face— clearly not wanting him to speak to you.

as the teacher began his lesson, you saw the letters labeled 'project' on the board.

oh hell.

"I'm gonna be assigning people. so first, malik and [y/n]." the teacher says.

double hell.

malik eyes widened and he took a quick glance over at you, he could see a slight annoyed look on your face.

"we're going on a field trip! and working on a project together!" malik says excitedly, you only side eye him.

"...eh." is all you say.

EH?!

malik gave another smile and turned away from you.

"malik, [y/n], you and mailk will both be sitting together on the bus and—" before the teacher could finish a knock on the door came.

the door to the classroom opens and malik demeanor immediately changes. he sees his father...malik immediately tries to make it seem like he needed to use the bathroom.

"malik." his father says, was his father even allowed to waltz in the classroom like that?

the teacher glanced over at his father. "oh! sir..what're you doing here so early? malik just arrived—"

"he's coming back home." is all malik's father says before he walks over to his son and grabs him by the arm.

"hey.." you speak. "he's not allowed to do that is he?"

the teacher turns to you. "unfortunately..he is considering that is his son."

malik turned back to you, "see you on that field trip." he says with a weak smile as his father practically drags him out the room.

"Ow!" he winced in pain when he felt his father grip his wrist hard.

you watched with worry, maybe he was so excited with this field trip just to be away from his father?

you didn't wanna look too much into it.

.

.

.

END OF CHAPTER FIVE