𝐄𝐏. 8

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。 ˚ 𖤐

┆⋮#༘⋆⤷ CHAPTER
EIGHT ;  SORREL WEED HOUSE .
───────────────────────

•••

"WELCOME TO THE SORREL WEED HOUSE!"

you walked inside the house, following behind malik who had covered his ears— the sounds inside the house were getting to him, his eyes squinting shut.

"SO, THIS IS THE FOYER. MOST EVERYTHING IN THE HOUSE IS ORIGINAL WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE FURNITURE AND THE PAINT ON THE WALL."

you looked around the house with interest, you glanced over at aiden who was looking at malik with slight worry. the chill inside the house was getting to you to, ashlyn noticed and decided to wrap her arm around you to give you warmth.

"THIS IS THE FRANCIS SORREL LIBRARY AND THE MAN YOU SEE IN THIS PORTRAIT IS ROBERT E. LEE. LEE WAS A DEAR FRIEND OF FRANCIS WHO VISITED THE SORREL HOUSE
QUITE OFTEN. IN THE WINTER OF 61-62, JUST BEFORE THE GREAT WAR, GENERAL LEE USED THIS ROOM AS HIS OFFICE."

malik yelps when he hears something ring, of course he was on edge after entering this weird house. you rub up and down your arms as you continue walking.

RING ! RING !

"ah...I'm so sorry, this is my emergency phone. I have to get this." The lady says as she reached into her pocket and grabbed her phone, "I'll be right back. continue looking around if you want but don't touch anything."

she then walks away.

"well, that's super professional." tyler says next to malik.

"I- I don't think that's professional..." logan added.

"I was being sarcastic." tyler replies.

"...oh." logan says.

malik shrugs. "whatever, an emergency is an emergency. let's explore!" he says excitedly.

•••

malik rubbed his shoulders as the sounds inside the house started to grow louder. why did he suggest to explore? he immediately regretted it.

he quickly fixes the contact in his eyes, he watched as you walked with the others up the front. he quickly makes sure the brown contacts stay in his eyes.

when he fixes the contacts in his eyes, a shiver runs down his spine when he looks in the corner.

a dark figure with a chilling smile, it's white irises staring back at malik and ashlyn. was— was she able to see what he was seeing too?

his eyes dilated a little as he began to grow nervous.

"hey..you alright malik? you seem on edge." taylor says to malik as she sees how he was standing.

malik fixes the contacts in his eyes before nodding. "I'm okay." he lies.

suddenly everyone stopped speaking— "malik.." you trailed off and ashlyn stood next to you, a shiver running down her spine.

malik furrowed his brows. "what? what's wrong?" he questioned.

"b-behind you." aiden says as he raises a shaky finger up and pointed behind him.

.

.

.

END OF CHAPTER EIGHT