𝐄𝐏. 26

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。 ˚ 𖤐
┆⋮#༘⋆⤷ CHAPTER
TWENTY-FIVE ; BACKSTORY .
───────────────────────

•••

"Shane strangled ben." Aiden continues. "Not with the intent to kill him, but just enough to damage ben's voice box, because he knew singing was something precious to ben. afterwards, ben started spiraling into depression. and then depression turned into rage. when ben finally went back to school, he confronted the group. but even after he beat the ones who hurt him, he didn't feel better. he didn't know what to do...to make the anger go away. so he kept picking fights. even picked up street fighting. he stopped going to school. and he'd always come home late. his parents didn't know what to do. ben refused to go to therapy and would sneak out of the house. at some point, a kid he fought turned out to have an older brother that had connections with a gang. the gang found out where he lived and well— they ended up having to move. ben was ashamed of what happened and realized his temper was far out of his control...that was when his parents suggested he come stay with us for awhile. since we were always traveling, doing new things, and exploring new places, they thought it would help him find a new meaning in life. something he loved just as much as singing. he agreed and also started going to therapy. and so that's how he ended up living with me. his therapist also suggested taking up calming hobbies like gardening and drawing in that notebook he always carries with him. he calmed down quite a bit, but there are times something can trigger his anger. like when he saw logan and that other guy in the hallway."

As Aiden explained this malik felt some understanding towards ben.

"Wait, so he can still talk, right?" Tyler asks.

"I mean- he can, but he doesn't like hearing his damaged voice. so he chooses to be silent." Aiden answers with a shrug as the turns to ben and pats his shoulder. "Ight bud. ya can turn the music off."

It was silent around the table, I decided that we should move on from the topic. "Alright, let's move on then."

"Thanks ben. for letting Aiden share that with us, I mean. you don't even know us that well, but felt like we should know as a team. I'm sure it wasn't easy...so I just wanted to let you know that it was appreciated." Taylor says with a soft smile.

Ben nods as he kept his head lowered shyly.

Malik had been silent throughout the whole thing before he nodded, "thanks man." he says as ben blushed and kept his head lowered.

END OF CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE