𝐄𝐏. 41

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。 ˚ 𖤐
┆⋮#༘⋆⤷ CHAPTER
FORTY-ONE ; BLACK EYED .
───────────────────────

•••

Malik yawned as he rubbed his eyes, today he had came come and his father and mother were inside the living room having a long talk. Scottie had paced around due to worrying for her son, Cory looked over his shoulder and sent malik a small smile.

"Hey! did you have fun with your friends yesterday?" Cory asked as he made his way over to his son, the both of them shared a hug.

"Yeah, I had fun— is everything okay? mom keeps pacing around." Malik said as he looked at her, Scottie just waved and gave him a nervous smile as she continued pacing.

"Wait a second.." Scottie walked over to malik and sniffed him, so did Cory. "I smell chocolate on you, boy."

Malik quickly got nervous. "O-Okay— I might've had a milkshake or two—"

"WHAT?!" Cory and Scottie shout.

But they both calm down and their gaze soften. "It was only for one day after all. malik, just know that regardless of what happens," Scottie cups his cheek. "We love you."

Malik smiles, "I love you guys too."

As Scottie caressed her son's cheek, she noticed something off about his gaze, his eyes for a hot minute— they were pitch black until they went back to normal.

"Cory.." Scottie whispers in a trembling voice, "it- did- did—"

Cory watched as malik walked away and upstairs to his room, "yeah. I saw. the same eyes as a phantom would have? except without the dark irises?"

"Yeah." Scottie replies, "is it too late? no, no! I can't think like that. It's— it's never too late."

"Exactly. Malik is fine," Cory tells Scottie, "but just make sure to be on guard okay?"

Scottie slowly nods, her brows creased in worry.

END OF CHAPTER FORTY-ONE