𝐄𝐏. 59

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。 ˚ 𖤐
┆⋮#༘⋆⤷ CHAPTER
FIFTY-NINE ; INFECTED .
───────────────────────

•••

"Alright, Ms.Banner and Mr.Conwell. we want you both to try and interact with the infected. talk to it. try to touch it. It can't harm you with the restraints." A man says. "We'll be keeping an eye on your brainwaves during the process to try and see why the fungus has been affecting you both differently."

Ash stood there in shock, "you want us both to touch it?" she asks with confusion.

Malik then spoke up, "...why don't one of you touch it first, huh? since you're so confident in those damn restraints. or is there a reason you're choosing to stay behind that window?" he questioned.

"And if we refuse?" Ash questioned beside him.

"Then we'll need to see if someone else in your group will be more willing." A person replies.

Malik grits his teeth before walking towards the thing, ash close behind him but he held her back. "Hi." he says as he stares at the infected.

The infected lunges at him, "this is so fucking dumb. I'm not touching it, and she's not either." Malik says with a glare.

Suddenly the restraints came loose, ash grabbed Malik's hand and pushed him out the way, he dodged quickly and so did she.

"What the hell are you doing—?" Malik paused when he saw the same woman from the very beginning, the one who introduced them to the house in savannah.

As he was distracted the infected grabbed him by the hair and yanked him to the ground, causing him to yelp, ash runs over to help malik but she was pinned to the ground also.

Malik's eyes suddenly dilated, "oh..." is all he whispered before he snapped.

END OF CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE