Chapter

So this is what it's like when your life flashes right through your eyes. I remembered every pain that everyone I loved had done to me.

They're painful to bear. It suffocates me.

"Nyxie."

Who's that. Someone's calling me.

"Alora"

His voice is so calm and soothing. I tried to wake up, but I couldn't open my eyes.

"You can wake up now." I tried again, slowly. When I finally opened my eyes, I was speechless at how beautiful the place was.

Agad na tumayo ako sa damohan. Ang ganda at ang tahimik ng lugar. May mga bulaklak na ngayon ko lang nakita. It feels like I'm in heaven.

Or am I? But how come? I killed myself.

But does it matter? For the first time in my life, I feel peace.

"You're not dead yet, Alora." I flinch when I hear a familiar voice again. I slowly turned my back to face the person who was talking.

I stilled when I saw how handsome the man was. "Who are you? And what are you talking about?"

Kasi naman papaanong hindi ako patay.

He just smiled at me and said, "I guess you didn't recognize me, my lady."

Tumaas ang isang kilay ko dahil sa sinabi niya. Sa tanang buhay, wala akong nakilalang ganito kagwapo. Even my ex-boyfriend can't compare to how handsome this man is.

Bigla nalang akong napaatras nang bigla nalang s'yang nag-liwanag.

What the hell was happening? Now I'm starting to freak out.

I gasped for air when I saw who it was.

"K-Kuyang driver?" Gulat na tanong ko sa kaniya. "What the hell? Fuck, this is insane. How come it's you?"

The hell kanina lang binata s'ya. "Did you just alter yourself?"

It's the cab driver who gave me a Phoenix Nirvana bracelet. Wait, don't tell me...

"I guess I don't have to answer your question, my lady." He smirked and changed himself back to a handsome, fine man again.

I frowned. "So this bracelet was the reason?" I said while showing him the bracelet. Nakapagtataka hindi ko naman ito isinuot, pero nandito na sa kamay ko. "But it doesn't make sense. How come I'm not dead? I killed myself."

"I know," kalmadong saad niya. "The moment I gave you that bracelet."

I creased my forehead. "But why? And how did you fucking do that?"

He smirked. "Listen, my lady. First of all, yes, you already died, but you've been reincarnated in another world."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Have you ever heard about an alternative universe? I know you heard about that. It's still the same universe, but this universe was divided into three realms."

I looked at him in disbelief and said, "You're not lying. How am I supposed to believe you?"

He sighed. "You need to believe me, because you're one of us."

I sneered, "How come? This must be a dream. I'm not like you."

"I know it's hard to believe, but do you remember the book that your father gave to you?" He asked.

Then suddenly, I remembered. My father gave me that book when I was still young, and it's my favorite book that I've read so far, but as far as I know, the book still doesn't have an ending. Does it mean...