EPILOGUE PART 3

All the pain I had felt faded when I saw her again. She hugged me tight while crying and sobbing, telling me how scared she was, thinking that she might never see me again.

I want to ease her pain away from her. She lost the two most precious people in her life because of Rashta. She even burned the Wintershadow palace because it was King Jaxon who killed her parents. 

She was now a wanted lady for doing that without enough evidence. But we managed to lure the royal knights of the Wintershadow Empire.

I can tell that she's still afraid. I can't even push myself to confess to her that I am dying. I don't want to hurt her, but destiny has already done it.

"Claude, can you give this letter to her? I don't have enough time. I'm slowly losing my life essence." 

Claude's face speaks pain. I saw tears glistening in his eyes as he stared at me. He looked away while breathing deeply. He bowed, then wiped something on her cheeks.

He's crying.

"Alright," he said, looking at me, then taking the letter from my hand. He's shivering while holding the letter, which he put inside his pocket.

"See you again, Claude." I smiled weakly.

He bit his lips and nodded. "Yeah, see you again."

I turned my back on him and started walking towards Alora's room. I was about to turn left when I realized I still had something to give to Claude. I turned around to go back.

But what I see makes me speechless. I saw Claude facing the window while crying and sobbing. He's not making any noise, but I could see how his shoulders shake as he wipes the tears from his cheeks.

I hid at the wall when I saw Hellion and Blaze walking in Claude's direction. I lean while listening to them.

"Is there nothing we can do anymore to save him?" Claude cried. "We can still save our friend, right, Blaze?"

"As bad as I wanted to heal him, I am not God to bring back what he lost, Claude. He already gave his dragon scale to my sister. I want him to take his dragon scale back, but he refused to do so because Alora will die," Blaze replied. His voice cracked and was full of bitterness.

"Damn those demons!" Claude sobbed.

I closed my eyes once more before I decided to go to Alora's room. I instantly hugged her as I entered her room. She's telling me a lot of things while cuddling with me. I even requested that she sing for me again because I am afraid to die without hearing it again.

When she fell asleep, I hugged her tightly. I am not afraid of death. I am afraid of leaving her behind. I broke down as I planted her with kisses. This is harder than I thought. I cried and cried without making any sounds because I was afraid it would wake her up. I don't want her to see me at my lowest point.

Can I wish for another day to be with her? 

I kissed her forehead down to her nose and cheeks, then to her lips. I smiled while caressing her face. She's so beautiful. The tranquility of her embrace gives me strength to smile again, despite knowing that I might not wake up tomorrow.

"Ocean, where the moon and stars embrace the breeze," I chant before going to sleep.

I'm sorry, dwarf, if I can't be with you forever. But I will wait for you there.

"Let's go!" Azrael, the angel of death, exclaimed coldly.

I stepped into the boat and sat down while crying. I don't want to die, but I have already fulfilled my mission here. I already protected her until her last breath.