EPILOGUE PART 2

"You burn the Crescent Meadow?" di makapaniwalang tanong sa akin ni Hellion.

Yes, because I am jealous. I didn't answer and remained silent. No one knows that it was me except for my friends.

I fell in love with her even harder when I got a chance to taste the food she cooked. She's amazing, and I don't know what I should do since I am already falling hard.

"You seem so lost in thoughts again, dwarf." 

"Ay kabayo!"

"I am a dragon, not a horse," I replied, sitting in front of her. It's already evening, and I could see the stars shining so brightly, just like her.

She scoffed. "Whatever you say."

A long pause of silence.

"Amber and I are just friends." I broke the silence.

She frowned. "And then?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Nothing....."

I just want you to know that you are the only woman who owns every part of me.

"I heard that you had an unrequited love for her back then, when the two of you were still kids," she exclaimed.

"That's absolutely not true. I don't know what love is back then because I did not experience that feeling when I was a kid. My parents died when I was still an infant. If it wasn't for your father, may be my uncle and his wife killed me already." 

She looked at me with her gentle eyes. She's not frowning anymore. I don't think I could get enough of her.

"And until now, they're still plotting to kill you," she added.

I smiled and looked up, gazing at the stars. "I know," I replied. "I am not deaf or blind. I am just protecting the people in the empire. But I know that one day a war will happen."

I'm still not strong enough to go against my uncle. But I will someday because I am not fighting alone; I have them.

"If that will happen, I am sure that you are not fighting alone. You have a lot of trustworthy comrades that will help you." 

Napatingin ako sa kaniya. "And you're one of them, right?"

She diverted her gaze from me again. "I am....."

It's just two words, but it means the world to me. How can I unlove you now when I'm falling deeper and deeper? She's the ocean I'm falling into, drowning in the depths of her soul.

Hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko, kaya tinanong ko s'ya kung mahal niya pa ba ang dati niyang nobyo.

She looked away and then focused her gaze on the sky. "I already moved on. But the trauma and the scar he made for betraying me still carve like a tattoo in my heart."

Para akong nabunutan ng tinik sa dibdib sa sinabi niya. May pag-asa pa ako.

"At least you don't love him anymore. Is there still a chance for you to love again?" I exclaimed calmly. But deep inside, my heart panicked.

There is, but I am too afraid to give myself a chance," she replied. "Being betrayed by someone you once poured your heart and soul into is not as easy as it seems. I don't want to experience the same pain again."

If I meet you early, I will never let you suffer. I would never let you drown in pain. She's such an angel; that's why I couldn't believe why that jerk tarnished a diamond.

She chuckled awkwardly. "Why do you ask? Do you want to court me?" 

I look at her intently. And I saw her stunned when she faced me again. I know that my eyes are now showing the emotions I want to convey to her.