Paw print 9.

They went back to the forest.

"Let's stay on the path this time, mh?"

"Why are you saying it like it was my fault?? It clearly was your fault-"

Bickering as usual the two walked forward in the lovely morning sun: the heat of summer dimmed down by the trees' shade.... The forest was as lush as ever.

At a point Ji gasped:
"LOOK, MIN! BLUEBERRIES!!"

"Those do not look like- JI. DROP THAT BERRY! DROP IT RIGHT NOW!"

"Make me"

And as the two chased eachother on the path, crystal clear laughs escaping their mouths, they both started wondering why they had hated eachother so much in the past.

Why did I think he was so boring? He always had the guts to stand up to me... maybe he was never a party pooper like I thought...

said the voice in Jisung's mind.

You know what? His neverending energy isn't even that bad. So what if he's a troublemaker? It's fun.

thought Minho instead.

But their thoughts were swiftly interrupted when they noticed a particular paw print in the mud.

Jisung instantly dropped the berry he was taunting Minho with and bent down to take a good look at it.
There was no mistaking it: that was a kitten's paw.

"Is that blood?" Minho asked.

And yes, there was a little red stain just at the bottom of the trace.

"It's not a crust... so this must be fresh"

They stared into eachother's eyes: their cat was near.

______________________________________