Paw print 30.

When Chan saw Jisung the day of the beginning of the tour, he instantly knew something was off.

His eyes were poofy, he had packed at least 100 packets of tissues and brought so many sweet snacks... it just looked suspicious.

"Ji..." he called to him as he drove the band to the airport:
"I can tell something's wrong... talk to me"

Unaware of it all, Changbin, Felix, Hyunjin (invited by Felix) and Jeongin (Hyunjin's little brother) were chatting happily in the backseat.

Ji let out a shaky breath. He had spent the night crying. Because Minho knew. Minho had known. And he had endured his pining for their friendship. Now Jisung couldn't help but wonder...

Was he uncomfortable when we slept togheter? With all the skinship? Was he really doing this all for Soonie just like he said? Was I the only one who saw...more... between us? How could I be this blind?

"It's nothing Chan... I just talked to Min and it didn't go well. That's all"

He could sense the other's surprise from there:
"But- but you two worked so well"

"Yeah, that's what I thought too but-"

And that's how he narrated the whole evening to his bandmate, not sparing any of his doubts and worries. Chan listened carefully and nodded along, gears turning in his mind.

"It all makes sense" he said in the end.

"Yeah! He never liked me and this was all a fantasy I made up in my dumbfuck mind!"

"No! Of course not" Chan chuckled:
"See, Jisung... I know Minho well. Before we dated, we've actually been friends for a long time. So I know him really well actually. I can totally see what happened here. It was all a misunderstanding"

Jisung listened, hoping for the first time since the evening prior that something could be saved.

"...Min has had a disastrous relationship in the past and since then he's been afraid of everyone leaving him. That's why he always keeps people at arm's lenght and always assumes the worst in situations like these. It's also why he doesn't have any friends... and well, why we broke up. He kept self sabotaging and after a while it stopped being manageable... but with you..."

Chan sighed:
"I saw his walls come down. He had never been so carefree with me... That's why I knew... no, know this relationship can work. I'm sure this is a misunderstanding... maybe...something changed in your lives recently...something he may feel guilty about? Something he thought might ruin your friendship?"

Jisung thought hard:
"Well, he was the one to suggest us basically living togheter so..."

"It might be that! What if he thought you wanted him to leave, for example... what if his mind conjured up that you disliked his presence and didn't want it there anymore?"

"Who would think something like that?"

Chan smiled sadly:
"Minho... he has convinced himself he's unlovable"

"But he isn't!" Jisung complained loudly:
"He's the loveliest man in existence!"

"Then go tell him"

were Chan's last words, clear as a blessing in the crimson sky.

______________________________________