Paw print 19.

Time passed, as time does... fluid like water in a high mountain river and here came the special evening.

Jisung was panicking in his room, ramaging through every corner of his wardrobe trying to find an appropriate outfit.

"We gotta be somewhat coordinated" he was explaining over the phone to Felix and Changbin when a knock came at the door.

"Wait a second"

Still shirtless, Jisung ran to open up and saw noone other than Minho.

"Oh uhm hey" he said, instantly embarassed at his nudity.

Minho smiled calmly and answered with something Jisung didn't hear at all, too lost in his own shame.

Fuck, I forgot how hard it is to be the token gay friend... expecially when he's so...

The thought trailed off and Jisung found himself flushing red.

What's wrong with me lately?

This wasn't the first time something similar had happened.

In the previous week the two had spent basically every day togheter; sometimes accompanied by the band members, sometimes with noone else to talk to apart from eachother. And all that time had changed Jisung's perception of his neighbor even further...
First of all, he had noticed that Minho was actually... quite handsome.

One evening they had been sharing a quick dinner after a trip to the vet and Minho had had a lot to drink. Ji had found himself smiling like an idiot as he stared at his flushed, laughing face. His eyes sparkled, his smile seemed to exude the essence of joy... and in that second he had thought:

I could get used to seeing this for ever

Then he had shaken that thought away.

But a day later it had already returned...
They were practicing and Minho had taken up this habit of sitting on the pouf as songs filled the air, a pc on his knees, typing away intently.

As he sang, Jisung couldn't help but stare as those sharp features... everything in him looked like a statement.

Nose.
Eyes.
Jaw.
Hair.

Something simple yet sharp like the edge of a blade. Jisung felt it many times: the urge to press a finger onto his skin and see if it would come out bloody.

Then he'd make a mistake and meet the confused stares of his bandmates.

I need to stop these useless thoughts. I have an opportunity to make my dream a reality goddamn it. I can't mess it up just because my new friend is a little hot. Focus, Ji. Focus.

But the urges would come back again....and again...

And that evening was no different.
Except it was.

That was the evening. And Jisung really, really needed to stay focused this time.

______________________________________