Paw print 21.

In later years many interviewers would ask Jisung how he felt the big night, his first success... when he was scouted along with his band by a big record company.

And each time Jisung would have to make something up because the truth was... he blacked out the entire thing.

It was like a hole in his memory... one second he was dealing with the realisation that his crush wasn't straight and he possibly had a chance and then BAM! a second later and the crowd was screaming and applauding and apparently...they had slayed the stage.

Jisung turned to his bandmates, the tired yet euphoric expressions proof that it had gone well and he had shouted his thanks into the mic, rivers of pure, golden joy running into his veins.

As soon as they got offstage him, Felix and Changbin started jumping and giggling, still high on that adrenaline which flashed around them like static.
Then Ji was buried by a hug.

"You were awesome out there" Minho mumbled into his shoulder.

Ignoring the burning sensation on his ears, he trapped Minho even closer. Their first hug. For a few seconds he felt out of this world... happy, so happy, almost too happy. To the point where it felt unreal.

"I'm gonna go get you something to drink" Min explained, hands lingering on Ji's waist for a second before he left.

"So that's how it is, huh?"

Hearing that voice out of nowhere Jisung jumped because he recognized it right away: Chan.

The older man showed him a knowing grin:
"Good luck with him. He can be a bit hard to manage but... he'll give you all the happiness you could ask for"

Then with a final look of approval, Chan moved to where his bandmates were, exclaiming compliments left and right.

Jisung stood there instead.

Am I really that obvious?

______________________________________