Paw print 11.

Minho was sitting down, chewing on his nails as he always did when he was nervous. His eyes followed the figure in front of him: Jisung walked, up and down the hall.

Up and down. Up and down.

If he keeps going like this he'll carve a path in the floor.

Minho thought, amused for a second.

Then his brain was shut down by worry again.

"This is gonna cost us" Jisung stated as he passed in front of Minho for the 100th time.

Minho hadn't even thought about that.

Right... Jisung is starting med school soon... I don't think he can afford paying for both school and for Ed's health...

"Oh, not us. It's gonna cost me. You can stop worrying about that" he said, convinced.

Jisung stopped in front of him with a displeased expression molding his eyebrows:
"Excuse me?"

"It's ok. I'm paying for it. You're good"

"Uhm in case you forgot, that's my cat too. I'm not letting you pay for him alone"

"But-"

"You're not his only owner, got it? I'm here too, asshole"

Minho took a big breath.

I understand where he's coming from. No need to get angry. I just need to explain.

"I appreciate you being proactive, Jisung but you're forgetting a key element here... You have to pay for med school too"

Jisung's face instantly filled with gloom:

"Ah that shit. I kinda sorta already got that covered" he said with an annoyed sigh, like he had never intended to have this conversation:

"So I can pay too"

"Jisung. Do you even want to go to med school?" Minho spit out.

Instantly he realised he had made a mistake. Jisung's eyes widened, filled with a mixture of guilt, terror and rage.

"I do!" he exclaimed, avoiding his eyes.

"Sure. It's so clear you're lying that even a cat could see it!" Minho wished he could stop but the worry was making him reckless.

"Oh, shut up Minho. Why do you even care so much!? Just a week ago you only talked to me to complain! Don't start pretending you care about me now!"

Wow. That...hurt.

Minho thought, speechless as an irritated Jisung took a seat two chairs away from him with a frown.

Did I just....fuck this up?

______________________________________