Paw print 17.

"So....how has my ex been doing all this time?" Chan asked professionally as he poured some beer for a client.

Minho sighed, avoiding the other's gaze:
"I've- I've been good, Chan. Thanks for asking. I see the bar is still well loved..."

"My pride and joy..." Chan smiled widely:
"I'm glad it's going well, man"

Ugh this is so weird... this is exactly why I avoided this place for so long, I can't deal with the awkward energy...

Minho coughed a little:
"Listen... I've seen that you guys are doing your usual battle of the bands next week..."

"Oh, yes! And we've even invited some big record company officials... they seemed so ready to find new talents..."

This would be amazing for Jisung!

"I kind of have an offer"

"Surprise me"

"There's this small band I know and they're really good, super talented but mostly unknown... They'd really need somewhere to start making a name for themselves and I thought-"

"I'll have to stop you there..." Chan interrupted with sad eyes:
"The tournament is already full... we can't add any more bands. I'm sorry"

Minho's hopes crashed. He lowered his head, sorrow filling him.

This was my only play... now what?

"Who was it anyway?" Chan asked as he cleaned a big glass.

"They're called Stray Kids"

Chan's eyes got big in recognition:
"Wait... I know them... Hyunjin suggested them too, I'm pretty sure"

Hyunjin...?

Chan scratched his chin:
"Usually when more than one person points to the same band I tend to listen to them... You know what, Min? I'll try to see if I can make space for them"

"REALLY?"

Chan smiled wide:
"I missed that happy lil face. Sure, I will"

Minho avoided his eyes again then finally found the courage to look up into his ex's.
Truth was, he had missed his presence too.

______________________________________