The Morning After

After the night ended, Charlotte and Engfa have left in separate cars under the watchful eyes of the whole world. Each feeling happiness and a high from the dance they've shared together. Apprehension lingered in the back of their minds, but mainly the happy adrenaline had triumphed over the negative energy.

“Tonight was wonderful, goodnight, Fa <3” Charlotte texted her when she fell into her bed.

“It was, sleep tight Nuu.” Engfa smiled and switched off her phone. After their many moments tonight, surely things were crazy online. However, she did not want to see anything just yet, she just wanted to savor the moments with Charlotte herself without anyone's input.

She knew tomorrow was another fighting day, but for now the both of them went to sleep with a smile on their faces.

The following morning of the MGI dinner, Englot fandom seemed to be reaching an all time high. It had not reached this much action since their last series together as Dr.Ran and Lt.Tul. X and Instagram crashed on that night itself, reaching more than 2 million tweets and hashtags of #englot.

Pictures and videos of Engfa’s hand behind her waist, of her draping the coat on Charlotte, of them walking out, and most of all, glimpse of them dancing. Their dance videos were mostly blocked by other people in the crowd, but with multiple angles of videos caught by different fans, everyone could clearly see what happened. Words were speculating and the Englot fandom was suddenly incredibly alive.

However, Engfa and Charlotte haven't had the chance to properly talk to each other yet on how to manage the aftermath. Even though they have not properly talked, their unspoken priority was to protect the other person and to keep whatever they have now safe.

It could not be broken before it had even started, they would not let the past repeat itself.

“Good morning, Fa”

Charlotte texted the first thing when she woke up. As she got ready for the day, she scrolled through her social media. As expected, she saw her own face and Engfa's plastered all over the internet no matter how much she scrolled. She leisurely looked through them.

Damn, we look so good together.

Charlotte thought as she scrolled and saved a few pictures she liked. She sent one she especially loved to Engfa, it was the two of them in an embrace, their eyes looking passionately into each other with a content smile. Charlotte's arms were hung loosely on Engfa's neck, and Engfa's arms were wrapped around her waist. The rest of the background and foreground were blurred. It captured their moment perfectly- nothing else mattered where they were in each other's arms, everything else fades away.

“Just us.” Charlotte bit her lip as she texted Engfa under the image she sent. She felt like she was high, yet she knew she should be more cautious about these feelings. After all, she's experienced all these before.

The higher she was, the harder the fall.

She took a deep breath and regulated her feelings. She sensed a long day ahead. It usually goes like this, she'd experience a high as their fans flood them with love and support, then unfortunately she'd experience an all time low when the haters and trolls appear after that. Over the years, she had been getting better and better at handling the later part. 5 years of this cycle would build or ruin any person, Charlotte would like to believe she had become stronger.

“Good morning, Char”

“We'll talk properly soon, stay calm.”

“We look beautiful😘”

Charlotte smiled as she read the text, feeling reassured in her heart. For a long time, she hadn't talked to Engfa this way. In the past, whenever they reached the aftermath, it'd be very hard to reach the other woman. To be honest, she had half expected to be ghosted today.