Proud to Love You

Engfa signed the check of half a million baht with a resolute flourish under the watchful eyes of Boss Nawat. Boss Nawat looked at the two women sitting opposite him with mixed feelings in his heart. After the last meeting with Engfa, he had thought a lot about the past, present and future. He treated the girls like his own daughters, daughters who brought in profit but the care and love was still there. Whichever path the girls wanted to pursue, he encouraged and supported them.

When Englot went downhill after their 3rd Year Anniversary, did he not try his best to fix them? He gave them counseling and arranged them to work together. Nonetheless it was the matter of hearts which had put a vast sea between each other, the ship had been too overbearing on them. The outer force had been too much on the both of them when they had not properly resolved the distance among themselves. Naturally, they fell apart and were too tired to try again and again.

It turned out, 2 years of hiatus and space after that was exactly what the two soulmates needed to miss and entangled back with each other. Like magnets placed on two opposite ends of the pole, yet somehow still strong enough to attract and pull back to each other.

The moment they entered his office and greeted him, he had observed them with careful eyes. Engfa’s protective hand behind Charlotte’s back and pulling the chair out for her; the both of them comforting each other through subtle touches as they talked to him about their reconciliation and decision to be together. There was also the easy habit of Charlotte opening and passing the fountain pen or water bottle to Engfa like the first year of Englot.

Engfa pushed the check across the table, Charlotte held her hand under the table as they held their breath.

Boss did not look down or take the check, only kept his hands clasped as he looked at them quietly.

“You are serious this time? Once you decide to announce your relationship, there will be no turning back. There can be no more sulking games or blatantly ignoring each other, you must take care of your behavior with everyone to prevent unnecessary drama. Most importantly, both of you still have acting roles, it’s inevitable you’ll be shipped with your co-star.”

Charlotte and Engfa looked at each other, brazenned by the determined shine in their eyes.

“We have talked about this various times, we wouldn’t have made the decision if we weren’t serious about each other. There is no guarantee we will not have fights or arguments in our relationships, every couple fights. But we promise to communicate with each other and resolve everything in private. We’ve grown up now.” Engfa said decisively.

“The moment we decided to commit, we have been very careful and professional about our behavior with everyone. We have no intention to flirt or play around anymore. We understand about being shipped with our co-stars, after all it’s for the benefits of the shows. However, there are plenty of successful married actors and actresses out there. It will be a learning slope, but I’m sure we’ll be able to integrate our relationship while maintaining our professional lives.” Charlotte continued while Engfa looked at her lovingly, the way Charlotte talked had another layer of maturity and wisdom that had been gained by being in the harsh entertainment industry over the years.

While Charlotte was 4 years younger than her, their maturity and perspectives of life have slowly aligned. When Engfa started courting Charlotte over these months, there were many adorable moments Charlotte wanted to be spoiled and pampered like a little girl, which she was more than willing to coddle in tender affection, However, there were also many moments where Charlotte took care of her or the situations that made Engfa view her less like a nong, and more like a life partner.

“You still have a lot of haters and might have even more after the announcement, Charlotte. Can you handle it?” Boss confirmed with Charlotte who looked at him in determination.