Comfort

One month later was Charlotte's new skincare product launching, she had been working endlessly on it for months. She got through months of trials and errors to produce the best result, even using herself as a tester. There were sleepless nights as she went through meetings after meetings to finalize the product. She believed as the founder, it is her responsibility to be a part of the development line.

At 7pm sharp, there would be the ceremony for her brand Ausomé to launch the new line of skincare at CentralWorld. The line comes with a set of cleanser, serum and moisturizer called Timeless.

Charlotte sat still as P’Folk did her makeup, talking idly with him. She checked her phone but frowned in disappointment. It had been three hours since her girlfriend texted her.

Engfa was filming a new music video with one of Thailand's rappers, F.Hero. It was a pretty huge deal which Charlotte was very proud of Engfa of, and she would never ask Fa to choose her over another job, she didn't want to be that kind of girlfriend. Still, she wished Engfa would text her something.

“P’Fa hasn't texted you?” P’Folk asked gently.

Charlotte pouted, “No. And I'm not angry.”

“Sao, I didn't even say anything.” P’Folk put up his hands.

“Should I text P’Sun? I shouldn't right, I know she's busy, and she did tell me she'll be busy at the studio until they finished the song. I don't want to seem clingy.” Char ranted.

“What's the last thing she said to you?”

“She just said she's reached the studio. She already congratulated me in the morning on the phone and had flowers delivered to my house.”

“Hmm, sounds like she did the best she could with her busy schedule.” P’Folk comforted, “I'm sure she'd be here if she could.”

Char sighed as she looked at her LINE with her girlfriend, she texted,

“I'm at CentralWorld. The ceremony is starting soon.”

She waited fruitlessly even though chances of Engfa replying were very low, but she stared anyway. P’Folk took her phone and switched it off.

“Hey!”

“Charlotte, there's no use staring at it like that. You can't magic out a response out of Khun Waraha like that and it's just making you more upset.”

“I just wished she was here.” Charlotte mumbled to herself. I've worked really hard on this, she thought with some dissatisfaction in her heart.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing, let's get this show on the road!” Charlotte forced a smile, put away her phone and walked out to the stage.

She held her product in her hand and posed for the camera. Flashes of light filled the stage as Charlotte walked and posed confidently, a beautiful smile on her lips. She was wearing a beautiful light blue dress to match the packaging. The dress ended mid thigh and had a very beautiful design, it hugged her body perfectly.

While she was on stage, her eyes scanned the large crowd hoping to see a familiar figure or maybe hear some disturbance from her fans that Engfa had come. Yet there was nothing. Her disappointment continued to grow despite her effort to be understanding.

After introducing the product and talking about it for a few minutes, the MC teasingly asked her,

“I just want to compliment your choice of dress today, is there any reason you chose this color?” The crowd screamed and Charlotte smiled knowingly, because her dress is blue and Fa means blue in Thai.