Waiting For The Other Shoe To Drop

Engfa parted away from Charlotte, their lips still glossy from their passionate kiss. Char’s pale cheeks were tinted red, her eyes were still closed before they slowly opened. They looked into each other's eyes, there was no need to exchange words. Their mind and heart were aligned at the moment.

“Thank you for coming to see me, nuu.” Engfa said softly, “I know you must be very tired.”

Charlotte shook her head and admitted shyly, “I'm okay, I wanted to see you as soon as possible.”

Engfa smiled affectionately, she pecked Char's lips before leading her inside her home.

“Let's have the food together then go to sleep, did you bring your clothes?”

“Actually, my luggage is still in the car.” Char blushed and scratched her head bashfully.

“You came straight after you arrived back at the studio?” Engfa asked to which Char nodded as she picked a sausage to eat. They finished the little snacks quickly and headed upstairs, both yawning in sync and chuckled at each other's exhaustion.

“You can use the guest bathroom Char, everything is there. P’Daad uses this room when she comes over.” Engfa carried Char's luggage into the room. Char looked around the clean and beautifully decorated room, then she turned around to face the older woman.

“Am I sleeping here tonight?” She asked while biting her lips, Engfa seemed startled at her question.

“Oh, um, do you want to?” she replied, “you can if you want, the sheets are clean and everything-”

“No, I just thought we'll be sleeping together.” Charlotte blushed and blurted. “Wait, I don't mean sleep sleep together, I mean sharing the room.”

Engfa blushed and laughed shyly, “I know what you mean, nuu. I'm just saying you can use the bathroom here so we can both shower at the same time.”

“Oh! Okay then I'm going first.” Charlotte headed to her luggage, avoiding Engfa's eyes. The other woman cleared her throat, mumbled something and quickly left to her own room. The door closing engulfed the space with silence, their quickened heartbeats sounded louder.

Ahhh! Why were they so awkward at this?!

After Charlotte finished showering, she was dressed in her clean pajamas and did her nightly routine. Her heart beating faster at the thought of them sharing a bed. It felt like an old but new experience, if that made sense. Old in the sense they have shared a bed to sleep plenty of times before, new in the sense this was their first time sharing a bed after they've kissed…

Taking a breath, she left the guest bedroom and stood in front of the master bedroom door. Her hand raised and paused in front of the wooden door, she felt so embarrassed and hesitated to knock.

“Come in, it's not locked.” Engfa called out from inside. The older woman was actually equally nervous about this whole thing. The first time she slept over at Char's place, she was dead exhausted and found comfort in sleeping in Char's bed. She couldn't explain what made tonight's feeling so different than before.

Her room was in semi darkness with only two night stands’ lamps on, Gyo was sleeping at the end of her bed. Suddenly, she felt unsure of what pose she should be doing, should she be lying down or sitting on the bed?

Quick, act natural! Engfa berated herself as she fluffed the pillow for absolutely no reason. Jonny sat on her night stand, two beady eyes seemed to mock her.

The door opened and Charlotte stepped in nervously. They made eye contact as she closed the door, Char stood dumbly in front of the door.

Quick, what's the procedure? Char asked nervously in her head.