24

Engfa and Charlotte were incredibly occupied with their work for the next few days, more attention seemed to have set upon them after the MGI dinner. They knew it was only the beginning, after all, they have been dormant for too long and the road to being officially and publicly together is tough and turbulent. 

They managed to squeeze in some text here and there but were simply too busy addressing the dinner fans and different organizers every day. However, they remained faithful in their answers and did not reveal or change anything. More or less, Charlotte was happy they had a fortified and united front even without a proper conversation with each other. 

On Friday morning, Charlotte was woken up by her doorbell. To her surprise, she met with a big bouquet of sunflowers when she opened the door. 

“Delivery for Miss Austin?” An unfamiliar voice echoed from behind the bouquet.

“That's me. Thank you very much.” Charlotte received the bouquet and greeted the delivery man before closing the door. Setting the flowers down, she quickly looked for a card but there was none. 

“Who sent me this? It could be anyone…” She mumbled. It is not a secret her favorite flower is a sunflower, her pursuers and fans alike send her sunflowers all the time. She looked at the bouquet carefully and counted.

24.

24 means I miss you every moment.

Charlotte's heart skipped a beat as a smile tugged on her lips. She had an inkling who was the gifter. Then she gasped when she saw a sneaky white rose hidden inside the bunch of flowers, hardly visible at first glance. She covered her mouth as her smile widened beautifully. 

She had received countless sunflowers from countless people around her, so why was it that her heart only beat when it was from her? 

She took her time to rearrange the sunflowers in a vase, humming a tune as she sprayed dews of water on the vibrant metals. Her phone vibrated with an incoming notification.

“Did you receive it?” 

Charlotte grinned. 

“Receive what? Did Fa send me anything?” 

“Nothing.” 

Charlotte burst out laughing. The older woman was such a tsun (to describe someone who doesn't express their feelings well on the outside, but will show their care through their actions.) 

She carefully picked up Tofu and took a selfie, in the little top left corner one could glimpse the bouquet of sunflowers with a pure white rose in the center. 

“It's a family day with my babies today ☀️” 

“What's that in the corner?” 

“What corner?” 

Immediately the phone rang requesting a video call, Charlotte stifled her laughter as she answered.

“Turn your camera around,” Engfa said seriously the first thing, she seemed to be alone in a room. Her hair was in a bun and her makeup was already done, most likely having just dressed up for the day. 

“What happened to hello? Hi? How are you? Don't you wanna see me?” Charlotte pouted exaggeratedly, though her eyes creased in delight.

“Nuu don't be cheeky,” Engfa said with a false frown which only fueled Charlotte more, the naughty bunny pulled her tongue out.

“What're you going to do about that, you're not here.” 

“Just you wait tonight!” Engfa glared at her, the quiet threat in her eyes sent a delicious shiver down Char's spine. Why, oh why was it so attractive?