Chapter 28 Depth

Mythili reached her quarter as she was late for orphanage so she came directly home after informing Sister Vinita . She opened the door of her room and closed then sat leaning to the door. Her eyes were filled with unshed tears and she was keeping her palm on her mouth to stifle her cries.

Mythili closed her eyes and her little blunder proved how weak she was.

Flashback

“Mitthhuu!”

She shrieked when his head bumped with roof and a hiss she listened, Mrityunjay looked at her with unknown emotions she could saw in his eyes but she bowed her eyes to hide her worries which he hated to the core,

“I'm sorry Sir! It was a mistake ..”Myhtili tried to say without stammering of course to cover the blunder and trepidation.

“Huh? I hated this nickname, you know that and still listening from your mouth today it feels like I still hate this word.” Mrityunjay gritted his teeth

“This won’t repeat again Saheb!”she forgot again and he closed his eyes

“Do you know how much your silence cost me? Huh you both are the same, selfish snakes.” Myhtili closed her eyes to bear the pain of his blames which still pain her like old times

“I don’t know for what you are cursing me? And about cause but if I started then there is no word left to compensate it Saheb. I was played by destiny and  everyone whom I called my own. So let yourself away from me, I am submitting my reports tomorrow and then there is nothing that will cause you to see my face.” Mrityunjay laughed making her frown

“Well Drama is in your blood, the whole family is in ..”

“I have no family!” she said strongly this time leaving no space for his bitter words.

“I am more eager than you Myhtili because I am not that old one who could be played easily. Your drama doesn’t effect but made me disgust. You are living alone because of your own dirty and shameful acts. They sheltered you and you, like an ungrateful and freeloader, tried to snatch the right of their daughter. How dearly I wanted to all those things would be false but you every shameful act ..”Mrityunjay continued with his arrow-like words and it was hitting her poor and naive heart badly. SHe kept her hands on her ears to stop hearing his words.

“Bas …Bas Kijiye Saheb. Mujhe yaheen [par chod dijiye, Me yahaan se chali jaungi.”

"Enough... Please stop, sir. Leave me here,  I will leave from here."

“Tum pagal ho gai ho? Yahan akeli sunsaan raste me tumhe akela chod dunga par uske baad agar kuch bhi aglat hua to kaun jawab dega? Tum kabhi nahi badlogi sirf apne baare me sochna.”

"Have you gone mad? Here, alone, in this deserted street, I will leave you alone, but after that, if anything goes wrong, who will be responsible? You will never change, always thinking only about yourself."

“My home is near and if anyone saw you more than me you would have to face shame.” Mrityunjay looked at her unbelievably but stopped the car.

“But there is a slum area, are you living in a slum?”he asked coldly

“No My landlord had a house in the last lane so I'm a living there alone.”Mythili finished her answer hurriedly

“But it is not safe.”Mrityunjay couldn’t stop himself worrying about her.

“When I was safe Saheb?” she looked at him questioningly, saying this she opened the car door and left without even looking back

“I felt alive today after five long years listening to those words. You can’t expect what kind of happiness bubbled in me when I heard that endearment from your mouth. It was a blessing like this endearment suits you from your mouth.Mythili I want to know the truth , how much you keep it in yourself I know something is wrong and was wrong that time. I will do anything even if I have to curse because It is my chance to know the truth and you have no right to keep it secret, whatever part you played in it You have to bear the consequences.”Mrityunjay looked at her retreating figure till it was gone. He started the car for his destination.