Chapter 3

Text Guide:
Narration
Thoughts
"Talking"
Action

====================================

LOCATION:
HUMAN DIMENSION(REAL WORLD)
[SCHOOL CAFETERIA]

POV: CARTER

We are currently at the cafeteria, where multiple chatters can be heard.

Carter: So much for silence...

Only me, Logan, and Taylor are actually eating their meal. Tyler is thinking about something, Ben wants to take a nap, Aiden is playing with her food, and Ashlyn is just Ashlyn.

Carter: Well, this is awkward...

Tyler then broke the silence.

Tyler: "I think we should go back to Savannah."

...What?
Everyone is more speechless than before, if that was possible, as they are shocked by his words.

Carter: "What?"

Logan: "I thought everyone agreed that it was too dangerous...?"

Tyler: "So what? We're just supposed to let things stay like they are?"

Ashlyn buts in.

Ashlyn: "I'd rather be semi-stuck than permanently stuck."

Tyler counters.

Tyler: "Well maybe if you and Carter would have told us the truth from the beginning, we wouldn't be stuck at all!"

Ashlyn: "We already explained why we didnt-"

Before Ashlyn could talk, both me and Aiden cut her off.

Carter: "Says you."

Aiden: "You're the one that brushed it off as a prank and walked off."

Carter: "Would you have even believed us if we DID say anything?"

Aiden: "With your personality, I seriously doubt it."

Somehow, both me and Aiden finish eachother sentences. Sometimes, we even act more like twins than Tyler and Tyler.
But anyways, this was the last straw for Tyler, as he shouts while slamming the table.

Tyler: "WHETHER WOULD I HAVE BELIEVE IT OR NOT YOU AND ASHLYN SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING! NOW WE'RE STUCK IN SOME DEMONIC DIMENSION,-"

Taylor, Logan, and even some nearby students who are currently eating, sweat at his words. The said students move further to avoid hearing them.

Tyler: "-RUNNING AWAY FROM FLESH-EATING DEADLY CREATURES, I'VE LOST HOW MANY NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCES I'VE HAVE, NONE OF US HAD SLEPT IN DAYS, WE CAN'T TELL OUR PARENTS OR ANY---"

Before he can continue further, Ben slams his fist on the table, startling everyone, especially Tyler.

Ben: "Shh" Puts his finger on his lips, indicating that he should be quiet

That was only when Tyler realizes how much he had said, and how crazy they sound like to ther students, or anyone who heard them.

Tyler sits back down.

Tyler: "If we don't go back to Savannah where this cycle begun... then what else are we supposed to do?"

Everyone stays quiet at his words, as all of us finally understood where he was going.

Carter: He does have a point. We can make this useful, and try to find its origin, and possibly how to stop it entirely. Or we could make this worse than it already is...

...Should we risk it...?

2 WEEKS AGO

I can be seen packing my stuff, getting ready to go to school.

Carter: "School... every kids' nightmare... I'm not a kid anymore, but I still hate it."

I grab my bag, and start to exit my home. I lock the doors, and put the keys in a hidden place only I and Ashlyn know, hidden underneath the tiles, which was also under the matress.

Carter: "Talk about two layers of protection..."

As I start to walk towards the bus, I see Ashlyn running towards it. only now I realize that time is running late, as I run fast myself, catching up to Ashlyn.

Carter: "MORNING, ASHY! WE BETTER NOT BE LATE ON THE FIRST DAY!"

Ashlyn: "GOOD MORNING, CARTER! WE SHOULD REALLY SET OUR ALARMS SOONER!"

Carter: "AGREED!"

Then, while running, the both of us thought of the same thing at the same time.

Carter & Ashlyn: Why do I feel like today isnt going to go well?