Chapter 24

Text guide:
Status
Narration
'Thoughts'
"Talking"
[Text/Text-to-Speech]
(Action)

====================================

LOCATION:
PHANTOM DIMENSION
[ABANDONED SCHOOLBUS, SCHOOL BUS GRAVEYARD]

TIME:
[PRESENT TIME]

POV: CARTER

What Ashlyn wrote on the board is smart, but difficult:

FIRST MAIN OBJECTIVE:
GUNSHOP

Ashlyn: "We need some better weapons."

Tyler: "Okay... How are we going to get there?"

Ashlyn: "Well, we'll need to do two things first:"

She points to the white board, which writes:

FIRST MAIN OBJECTIVE:
GUNSHOP

-FORTIFY GRAVEYARD WALLS
-BRING JEEP INTO GRAVEYARD

Ashlyn: "We need a vehicle to drive to the gunshop. We could use Carters motor, but there isnt any space for everyone, let alone so much weapons."

Carter: "Yeah. Maybe only use it for certain times."

Ashlyn: "Definitely. My parents' jeep is the closest so we'll need to bring it yo the graveyard."

Thats a good idea, but on the first objective is what I am most concerned.

Carter: "But the walls. The phantom somehow got over it last time, so we should fortify those walls."

Ashlyn nods.

Ashlyn: "Exactly, So when we get the jeep, any phantoms that follow us won't be able to get in. Anyone got any ideas?"

We all think for one. Then, Ben seemed to have thought of something. He walks to a bag, take out a notebook and pencil, and start to write or draw.

Ben: (Shows a drawing of the wall with barbed wires ontop) [Barbed Wire?]

We all lean in to look at the notebook.
Tyler interjects.

Tyler: "If they were normal humans, that might work, but I feel like it wouldn't really bother them to grab and climb the wire regardless."

Taylor: "Yeah... I can see that happening."

Ben looked disappointed that his idea wouldn't work.
Both me and Taylor comfort him, saying words like "It was a good try", and "Don't worry, you had a good idea".
Aiden then joins in.

Aiden: "Since their body doesn't react well to light, why don't we have some large light fixtures on the wall?"

Both me and Ashlyn look at eachother.

Carter: "Yeah, that would work. But..."

Ashlyn: "I'm not sure if the genarator has enough power to keep those lights on. Most of the power goes toward the door..."

Carter: "Yeah. Plus, it wont be much of a help if the lights go off everytime we open the gate."

Logan states an idea.