Chapter 9

Text guide:
Narration
Thoughts
"Talking"
Action

====================================

LOCATION:
HUMAN DIMENSION(REAL WORLD)
[SORREL WEED HOUSE - SAVANNAH, GEORGIA]

TIME:
[2 WEEKS BEFORE CURRENT TIME]

POV: CARTER

Well, this supposed tour is actually kind of interesting. Aside from my instincts weirdly acting up, its pretty nice.

Just upon entering, Ashlyn seems to be uneasy, probably hearing some phantom noises, or otherwise known as auditory hallucinations.

In order to comfort her, I constantly pat her back, which makes her calm down a bit.

Ashlyn: "Thanks."

Carter: "Anytime, Ashy."

"Tour guide": " Welcome to the Sorrel Weed House! So, this is the foyer. Most everything in this house is original with the exception of the furniture and the paint on the wall."

We then walk inside the room with a painting of an old man. No offense, whoever you are.

"Tour guide": "This is the Francis Sorrel Library and the man you see in this portrait is Robert E. Lee."

So thats his name... Robert E. Lee... Now that I take a look, based on the portrait, he's kinda like a soldier.

"Tour guide": "Lee was a dear friend of Francis who visited the Sorrel House wuite often. In the winter of 61-62, just before the great war, general Lee used this room as his office."

No wonder, he's a general. Cool!

"Tour guide": " As far as spooky activities go, this room seems to be the most calm. Not to say that there isnt any ghostly activity here, but out of the entire house, I'd say its milder-"

-!!RING RING RING RING RING!!-

Before she can continue, her phone rings.

"Tour guide": "Ah... I'm so sorry, this is my emergency phone. I have to get this. I'll be right back. Continue looking around if you want but dont touch anything."

With her phone up her ear, she walks away.

Now, only the group is inside the Sorrel Weed House.

Tyler: "Well, that's super professional."

Logan: "I-I don't think that's professional..."

Tyler: "I was being sarcastic."

Logan: "...Oh."

Taylor shrugs.

Taylor: "Eh an emergency is an emergency."

Her eyes suddenly sparkle, getting excited.

Taylor: "It'll be fun to explore on our own anyway!"

I shrug by her words.

Carter: "Eh, can't disagree to that."

Logan: "Woo!"

We soon explore the entire place to ourselves. Antique silverware, antique chair, the second floor, more antique silverware... Boring yet interesting, to say the least.

While walking down the hall, I notice that Ashlyn seems to be more worried than before. Didnt she say that after a certain time, those phantom noises should be gone? Well, looks to me that its getting louder for her to hear.

She takes out her left plug, thinking it would help. But from her expression, I guess not.

Tyler notices this, and grows confused about it.

Tyler: "Why is she wearing earplugs?"

Suddenly, Aiden spoke loudly.

Aiden: "Ah! I thought they were wireless earbud-!"

Ashlyn: "Ow!"

Carter: Looks like Ashlyn's ears are hurting by his loud voice.

I immediately cover Aiden's mouth to stop him from further speaking loudly.

Carter: "Shh!"

Ashlyn: "Thanks, Carter."

She puts inserts her left earplug inside her left ear again, as I take my hands of Aiden, and explain for her.

Carter: "Those are earplugs. Since she has really sensitive ears, she uses them to lessen the noises she hears."

Ashlyn: "Thanks again for explaining, Carte-"

Ashlyn seems like she's in shock, I ask her about it.

Carter: "Uhh, you okay, Ashy?"

Ashlyn: "Y-Yeah. Don't worry."

Aiden finally comes to the realization. Took ya long enough.

Aiden: "Oops. My bad. I thought they were for music."

Carter: "Its fine, I think."

Taylor then speaks up.

Taylor: "Oh, that room looks cool!"

Taylor notices somethong weird with Ashlyn.

Taylor: "...You alright Ashlyn? You look pale."

Along with Taylor's words, I see Ashlyn shiver, I dont know why, but I should try to help. I do so by holding her hand, and squeeze it.

Carter: "Ashy, calm down. Its okay, you're probably just hallucinating."

Ashlyn snaps back to reality, and looks at me.

Ashlyn: "Thanks. I'm fine, don't worry."

I find that hard to believe, but I try not to pry further.

We both notice that Logan, Aiden, Ben, Taylor, and Tyler were all silent. Weird.

Carter: "You five alright?"

The first to speak, in a somewhat scared tone, is Logan.

Logan: "C-Carter... A-Ashlyn... Behind you..."