Chapter 21

Text guide:
Narration
Thoughts
"Talking"
Action

====================================

LOCATION:
PHANTOM DIMENSION
[ABANDONED SCHOOLBUS, SCHOOL BUS GRAVEYARD]

TIME:
[PRESENT TIME]

POV: CARTER

Only now we notice that the phantom is not behind us. Getting a bad feeling, we both freeze, and take a glance infront of us.

That was when we notice that the phantom is incredibly close to us, as it fixes its position.

Tyler: "Not good!"

Taylor: "Ashlyn! Carter!"

It tried to slash us with its long fingers? Claws? Luckily, we both roll to the side, but unfortunately, it grabbed one of Ashlyns braids and my jackets hood, and unfortunately for me again, due to it pulling the hood, the collar joins in as well, as it starts to choke my neck.

Ashlyn: "AGH!"

Carter: "GURK-!" WHY THE ONLY TIME I ZIP MY JACKET?!

I try to unzip my jacket, but the zipper got stuck.

Carter: CRAP! WHY NOW?!

Ashlyn: "Get the weapons!"

Tyler: "Got it!"

Tyler, Taylor, and Ben rush to get their weapons...

Aiden: "Stay with me."

...While Aiden tells Logan to stay with him.

Suddenly, my vision starts to darken.

Carter: Am I passing out?! No! No... I cant let... this... happen...

POV: ASHLYN

I notice that Carter is currently starting to black out.

Ashlyn: Carter!

Both feeling pain and worry, I start to think of ways to make it let go.

Ashlyn: Need to make it let go-

I then got an idea.
I start grab the phantoms arm, pull it towards me, and knee his head hard, making it let go of me and Carter.

Ashlyn: It let go! "Carter, wake up!"

POV: CARTER

Both feeling the phantom let go of my hood and hearing Ashlyn shout my name, I start to get back to my senses. Looks like Ashlyn saved the both of us. Both me and Ashlyn start to back away from the stunned(?) phantom.

Carter: Gotta move out-

Before anything else, both me and Ashlyn feel a hand grab on our arms, and start to pull us towards them.
Looking at the people, I realize that both Aiden and Logan pulled us away from the phantom. Logan on Ashlyn, and Aiden on me.

Aiden: "Gotcha!"

Looking back at the phantom, I norice it holding its right eye, which was probably where Ashlyn attacked it. Wait-

Carter: Doesnt that mean it feels pain...?

Aiden: "You two okay?"

Ashlyn: "Yeah."

Carter: "Somehow."

We notice that the phantom regained its senses. And slashed its claws at us.
Luckily, both me and Ashlyn raised our legs in time to avoid getting hit.

Ashlyn & Logan: "GAH!"

Carter & Aiden: "Woah!"

The four of us immediately move further away from the phantom.

Logan: "Now what?"

Both me and Aiden look at the window, and at eachother, looking like we got the same idea.

As the phantom tries to use its sharp fingers, Aiden grabbed it just in time, and spin it towards my direction while having hold of it.

I immediately grab the phantom on its other arm, as both me and Aiden push the phantoms head to the open window, making it stuck.

Aiden: "Close the window!"

Carter: "Hurry!"

Both Ashlyn and Logan got the idea, as they both went to each side, and close the window on the phantoms head.

Unfortunately, my hand slipped.

Carter: "LOGAN, WATCH OUT!"

Unfortunately, the phantom managed to swipe towards Logans direction.

Ashlyn & Aiden: "LOGAN!"

No...
No, this can't be...
Not yet...
I can't let it hurt my friends...