Chapter 30

Text guide:
Status
Narration
'Thoughts'
"Talking"
[Text/Text-to-Speech]
(Action)
(Note)

====================================

LOCATION:
HUMAN DIMENSION(REAL WORLD)
[LIVING ROOM, BANNER HOUSE]

TIME:
[PRESENT TIME]

POV: CARTER & ASHLYN

Ashlyn: 'My parents had always tried to teach me self-defense when I was younger, but it never stuck.'

In a memory, you can see both Mike and Carter cheering for Ashlyn that she can do it on a friendly and playful training with Emma.

Ashlyn: 'If it wasn't related to dancing, it was hard for me to have enough motivation to even try.'

She sighs, not caring about making any effort on fighting back while veing locked in place by Emma.

Carter: 'Only I managed to have enough energy to actually try on our mock battles. They managed to motivate me into thinking this could help my performance in football, which they weren't wrong.'

In the same memory, you can see both Carter and Mike actually having a proper spar with eachother, whilst having fun. Emma can be seen cheering for the both of us, while Ashlyn is just... there, I guess. She would send some occational "woohoo"s, but that's that.

Carter: 'Unlike Ashlyn, I actually managed to have fun while improving my skills. And because of that, I became their student.'

Ashlyn: 'They managed to get me to learn a little kickboxing, because it could help me perform better in dance class.'

Carter: 'I just joined Ashy because I didn't want her to feel lonely, and because I was bored.'

In a different memory, both Carter and Ashlyn can be seen wearing necessary kickboxing equipment, which is only boxing gloves. Mike and Emma are excited for us, mostly on Ashlyn, to start.

Ashlyn: 'My interest in it didn't last long enough for me to learn anything long-term though.'

Carter: 'Aside from me, that is. I managed to strengthen my kicks and how to control my feet properly, which helps me alot on football.'

Ashlyn: 'So to say they were excited when I told them I was going to join in on the self-defense lessons...-'

FLASHBACK

Both Mike and Emma are looking at us with funny looking faces which I think were supposed to be serious faces(Mostly for Ashlyn). That's because we told them that they want to learn self-defense with the rest.

Mike: "Wait really?!"

Emma: "You aren't messing with us?!"

Mike: "No take backs!"

Ashlyn nervously sweats at them, while Carter try my hardest to contain my laughter.

END FLASHBACK

Carter: '-...Let's just say that them being excited is a big understatement.'