Chapter 16

Text guide:
Narration
Thoughts
"Talking"
Action

====================================

LOCATION:
???
[Motel Halls]

TIME:
[2 WEEKS BEFORE CURRENT TIME]

POV: CARTER

We gathered up everything we found. We found a medkit, and decided for Ashlyn to help her with her scratch mark. Ben seems to be doing a good job as a medic.

When water was poured on Ashlyn's arm, I can immediatly tell from her expression that is stings badly. Her foot constantly tapping the ground does not help at all.

Carter: Ooh. That has gotta hurt.

Then suddenly, we heard glass breaking, which startled everyone. We look towards Aiden, who gas a broken glass bottle on her hand.

Carter: "DUDE! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

Aiden: "Aye look, another weapon!"

Tyler: "Hey watch it! You should've in the bathroom, now there's glass everywhere!"

Logan stands up.

Logan: "I-I'll get the broom."

While he does that, both me and Ashlyn look at Tyler.

Carter: Was I too harsh? Nah, he needed to be put in his place.

I noticed that Ashlyn flinched in pain once Ben started to run the cloth on her injury.
I decided to grab a cloth, and hand it to her.

Carter: "Wanna squeeze this?"

Ashlyn: "Thanks, Carter."

Carter: "Anytime, Ashy."

Ashlyn takes the cloth, as I sit beside her. And so does Aiden just beside Ben.

Aiden: "I never took both of you for the leader type."

Ashlyn: "...We're not."

Carter: "But her parents do."

Aiden: "Her parents?"

Ashlyn: "They're both from the military."

Carter: "And for me, I dont know, I just have a strong bond with Ashlyn, that it made it seem like we're from the same family."

Ben then starts to patch up Ashlyn's scratch mark after he dinished cleaning it.

Aiden: "Ah, I get it. So Ashlyn's used to being told what to do in situations like this, and you're always with her, which gave you the same effect as her."

We both look at Aiden weirdly.

Carter: "Uhm..."

Ashlyn: "Well, not in situations like THIS-"

Aiden: "Then do both of you also know self defense?"

Ashlyn: "I've took a few kick-boxing classes."