Chapter 14

Text guide:
Narration
Thoughts
"Talking"
Action

====================================

LOCATION:
???
[Motel Halls]

TIME:
[2 WEEKS BEFORE CURRENT TIME]

POV: CARTER

Ashlyn grabs both strings, and tells us her idea, as she points to the pole beside the Hernández.

Ashlyn: "I'm going to tie the door to the pole over there."

Tyler retaliates, thinking is a dumb idea for many reasons.

Tyler: "Two weak strings and a shabby pole?! Yeah like that's gonna keep it closed."

Ashlyn: "Maybe not but it'll stay closed long enough for me and Ben to make a run for it. You guys go."

Tyler, Taylor, and Logan gets hesitant by her words.

Ashlyn: "I SAID GO!"

Tyler: "Tsk!"

Logan runs of first, as Tyler then grabs Taylor by her hand, and run away.

I don't need to have sensitive ears like Ashlyn to hear MULTIPLE FOOTSTEPS RUNNING TOWARDS US!

Ashlyn: "Ben, tie this to the door handle."

Suddenly, Aiden grabs the two opposite ends of the strings.

Aiden: "I'll tie this end, you tie the other to the pole."

Carter: "I'll keep us guard."

They then do their respective parts: Ben ties his string to the door handle, Aiden tied the two strings together, and Ashlyn ties the second string to the pole. That's when I saw them running towards us, fast.

Carter: "INCOMING!"

Ashlyn: "Okay, RUN!"

We all run away, hoping that Ashlyn's plan would work. Just then, we heard a snap. We look behind us, and see the strings already snapped, and the formerly locked monster came out, and chased us.

Carter: "CRAPBASKETS!"

An idea is needed, but in this situation, we need a really good one in a short amount of time. Good for me that I have one.

Carter: Its very risky, but I'll take the gamble.

Without wasting time, I then stop myself to trip the closest monster chasing us, which succeeds. Before the monster fell, I use its momentum to throw it to the other chasing monsters, taking them down.

Carter: HAHA! STRIKE!

Ashlyn: "Nice idea, Carter!"

Aiden: "That's cool! I wanna try that!"

I use the chaos I created to make a run for it. Unfortunately, they are very durable, and managed to quickly get back up their feet, and run towards us, FAST.

Carter: OH, COME ON!

We all make a run for it. I remain at the back even if I am the fastest. Why? Just incase one of them trips, I can help them. Trust me, I know the feeling of tripping on nothing too many times.

As we continue running, Ashlyn suddenly shouts at us.

Ashlyn: CARTER! AIDEN! BEN! MOVE!"

We did as told, and Ashlyn quickly uses the thing janitors use to store their equipment, which I do not know what is called, to slam and pin it to the incoming monster.

Carter: "Nice!"

Aiden: "Ha-!"

Our celabration was short lived, as the monster immediately looked at us with its gigantic smile. It tried to grab onto Ashlyn's hand, but luckily...

Carter: "HANDS OFF, BUCKO!"

I managed to punch the arm away, lightly stunning it, as Aiden used this chance to pin it to the wall, grab a chemical spray that is literally labeled "Chemicals :D".

Aiden: " Y'know... This could be fun"

That was the first time I felt Aiden showing his psychopathic side, as he aimed the said chemicals to its head...