Chapter 15

Text guide:
Narration
Thoughts
"Talking"
Action

====================================

LOCATION:
???
[Motel Halls]

TIME:
[2 WEEKS BEFORE CURRENT TIME]

POV: CARTER

Aiden... You were always a strange guy... Who knew that you had this side on you...
Directly on the head, Aiden sprays the chemicals on the monsters head. Somehow, it seemed to work, yet no noises were made. Weird.

Aiden: "Lol why isnt it screaming? Mute?"

Apparently, only Ashlyn can hear it for some reason. I look at her as she covers up her ears, in slight paint by the noises she hears. Wait, is it like the auditory hallucinations she has? Or phantom noises? Is it somewhat connected?

Carter: "Aiden, time to go!"

Aiden, still in his psychopathic mode, wants to fight more.

Aiden: "I think we can take em! There are more bottles-"

Everyone, aside from Ben, shouts at Aiden.

Carter & Ashlyn: "NO!"

We all run quickly, and yes, I am still behind them just incase.

We see Logan and Tyler take a peek outside our room. We quickly enter it just in time, and slam the door shut, and this time, lock it.

We then start to relax our bodies from the darn things we just did. But it was short lived, since the monsters started to bang the door.

Ashlyn: "We should... put the couch up against the wall."

Carter: "Already on it!"

TIMESKIP

We finally placed the couch up against the door so no monsters could enter.
We sit in our respective places. Everyone, aside from me and Aiden, is shivering, which is understandable. I pat Ashlyn on her back to help her calm down.

Suddenly, Aiden chuckles. This makes Tyler irritated, again.

Tyler: "Why are you laughing this time?"

Aiden: "Its like we're in a zombie movie."

I mean, he isnt wrong.

Tyler: "And that's suppoes to be funny?"

Aiden: "Yeah."

This makes everyone look at Aiden weirdly.

Tyler: "Is he insane or something?"

Aiden then notices something on mine and Ashlyn's arm.

Aiden: "Hm? Your arms are scratched up? I thought Carter protected Ashlyn, and both of you got out of the way?"

Ashlyn: "...He did."

Carter: "Yeah, but this is different."

Ashlyn: "I think this happened at the Sorrel Weed House."

Everyone stays quiet at our words. That was until Tyler stood up and spoke loudly.

Tyler: "YOU MEAN YOU BOTH KNEW IT WAS REAL AND DIDNT THINK TO MENTION IT TO ANY OF US?!"

...

Carter: Is he dumb? He was the one that walked out and brushed it off as a prank and walked away instead of letting us talk!

Ashlyn: "We didnt tell you because we didnt think it was real. And now isnt exactly a good time to talk about it."

Carter: "Agreed. We should be planning on how to survive or-"

Tyler: "And why should we listen to anything you two say? This is all probably your guys' fault in the first place."

That was the last straw for both me and Ashlyn. Our expression darkens, as we stand up...

Ashlyn: "Alright fine. I get where you're coming from. Maybe we should have said something."

Carter: "And if blaming us helps with your feelings, then fine, do as you please."

I then grab Tyler on his collar's shirt.

Tyler: "Hey, what are you-!"

Ashlyn: "But if you arent going to make yourself useful, make yourself scarce."

Carter: "Blaming people and wanting to know what the hell is going on can come after we are safe enough to talk about it."

Our words shocked everyone. Me and Ashlyn complete eachothers sentences, as if we have one mind with two bodies. Our bond is so strong, one can know what the other is currently thinking.

Ashlyn: "The fact are those creatures can kill us at any moment."

Carter: "Instead of fighting eachother like wild animals, making a plan is a better option."

I then let go of Tyler's shirt.

Ashlyn: "So unless you are going to help us do that-"

Carter & Ashlyn: "Keep your trap shut and don't cause trouble."

This makes Tyler, and everyone else, dumbfounded by what we just did.

Aiden: Whistle "Well that was unexpected. Go off you two."

Ashlyn: "And you need to stop taking this so lightly!"

Aiden: "Aye aye!"

Both me and Ashlyn sigh by this, as we start to try and make a plan.

Carter: "We need whatever we can use, such as weapons and materials."

Ashlyn: "So lets gather up everything in the motel room and sort through what we can use."

We have to be strong and fight for our lives. No one knows what else is out there, so best to be prepared.