Chapter 21

Anthony's POV

I am at my limit right now, I have been waiting for 30 minutes for Juliette to get in the car but she's trying to first of all piss me off and second of all test my patience. And I don't have a lot. I'm trying not to cause a scene at Raheela's neighbourhood, and no matter how much they are pissing me off I don't wanna disturb Raheela's mother and brother. 

"Bye, love you" Juliette waves off Raheela and the guy that's taking her out. They both leave and finally Juliette turns to me.

"Okay we can go now" She says as I open the door for her to get in the car.

I don't speak, I was so angry that if I spoke I would of definitely said something really rude and it would of been super bad. But she's as stubborn then me, she enters the car, I take a seat on the passenger seat next to Vagas who was driving and Juliette sits at the back.

About 30 minutes after driving, we are pretty close to our building, I tell Vagas to stop the car. 

"Is there something you need Sir?" He asks.

"No just stop the goddam car." I say with a louder tone.

Vagas pulls over to the side of the road. I turn to Juliette, "Go home and eat and sleep." I say opening my side of the car door.

"Where are you going?" she asks.

"Why do you care, you didn't tell me where you disappeared off to so why should I tell you" I say smacking the car door shut. I sign Vagas to start driving and he does exactly as I say.

The car leaves and now it's just me.

I take a seat on the side walk and rethink my life. Why did I think it was gonna work, My life was already hectic as it is and now she's making it worse. Was this worse then I thought? I get up and start walking towards a convenience store. 

A man approaches me, "Anthony Cruz Kavran?" he says my name, but I do the usual ignore him and enter the store. The man follows me, "I heard a rumour that you don't love your wife and it was for business purposes" he spoke, I continue to ignore him.

"I also heard that you actually don't love her at all, and she's going to leave you like your mother left your father, what do you think about that?" I look at the man, my eye's pierce his soul.

I pick up a beer bottle and take it over to the counter, but this fucking man help following me. "Is it also true that Juliette Ferrara's was in a relationship prior to getting married to you, her relationship wasn't called off?" he snaps at my face.

The man hands me the beer as I scan my card to pay. I turn towards the exit but the man continues to follow me. It's not that what he said pissed me off, even though it did, but it's just the fact that I need one fucking minute to myself. Just one minute to reflect on everything without thinking about Kavran industries, my wife, my father and everything else.

I punched the man, on the face. He went smacking down to the ground. I look at him and say, "Stay the fuck away from me and don't talk about my family again" I say as I leave and go into this ruined small house. It was probably getting renovated or something but it was empty and I needed it. I take a seat on a stair and open the beer, I'm 2 sips in when my phone rings. 

"Hello, sir we have a problem." Vagas says. 

"can it wait, I can't fuck with it right now" I say taking another sip.

"Actually, sir your gonna wanna hear this" He says and I put the beer down. 

"What happened?" I ask.

"A man named Michael Aubrey Kavran is requesting to meet you." he says and I stand up. 

"Michael Aubrey Kavran? is it some random creepy fan?" I ask, getting up and leaving  the bottle of beer on the ground, I look ahead of me and calculate the amount of time it's gonna take for me to walk to our building. 

30 minutes. 

"Sir, that's the problem, even if he was, he look's exactly like you" My heart drops in an instant, This is the feeling I never usually experience, a feeling so distant that when I do feel it, it huts times two. 

"What does he want, and where's Juliette" I ask.

"Juliette's in her room, she doesn't know and...."

"and what" I say louder. 25 minutes. My pace fastens and now I'm running.

"He has something to say about Aubrey Peterson" Vagas says. I don't reply, my full attention of the direction my legs were taking me. 

20 minutes.

15 minutes. 

Michael Aubrey Peterson? Michael? there's no fucking way. There's just no way. And what about Aubrey Peterson? why? what?

10 minutes.

5 minutes.

0 minutes.

A man the same height as me, sitting on a couch near the reception, looking down at....nothing. Observing nothing. I wonder what his thinking about, it's crazy. I don't like this, this is too much crazy within a month. I hate this. 

"Michael" I yell out, he look up. His face lit up and he starts to walk towards me and here we are. standing face to face. After about 16 years. He runs towards me and embraces me. I hug him back, I wasn't a person who likes physical affection mostly because I never got it. Michael began's to cry, I don't cry but it broke my heart, I wondered why I never actually cried. Why it was always my heart that hurt and not my eyes having a reaction.

"What happened, what happened to mum" I say patting him on the back.

"M...Mum...she....sh...she....passed...away" He says, his words trembling, his tears landing on my shirt. It felt like looking at myself in the mirror except a version of me that I had never seen. It felt horrible. It felt worse then everything else, worse then being hurting Juliette, worse then having a shit father, worse then the feeling of having nothing. 

"But.....?  She...shee?" My voice trembles, I clearly didn't know what I was supposed to say.

Michael doesn't speak, he continues to cry. His eye's were sore and swollen. 

🔗🔗🔗