Chapter 28 - Final Stand

Gray's POV

I stood my ground and glared at the hoard of undead walking toward us. My hands were trembling but this was no time to be scared. I looked over at Natsu and AIS. They were both standing their ground. They were so brave the both of them. Even though I wouldn't let it be, if these were the last moments I had alive I'm glad I'm going down fighting beside them two.

"Are you guys ready?" I said squeezing my fist. They both nodded. "Of corse!" They said in unison putting on the bravest expression they could. I smiled softly and gazed back at the crowd. They were getting closer and closer within every second.

"Let's go then.." I said before charging toward them.

"Ice make daggers!" I said slicing the first few and they fell. I saw the crazy girl in the back commanding them. She said for us to join them like they did. She must have killed all these people before. She must lure people to this cave just to kill them. But AIS was already here when we came. She saved me.

All these thoughts ran through my head. I continued to slice the undead. Natsu and AIS were fighting to their best ability as well. One of the things grabbed my arm and threw me against the wall.

"Ahgg!" Pain shot up my right arm. I was still wounded from my fight with Seikai.

I placed my left hand on it and closed my eyes tightly. I can't take another hit to this arm like that. I tried to stand up stumbling around. When I got on my feet I opened my eyes. The hoard was closer. I looked at my arm. It was pretty bruised. I clenched my teeth and dropped my left arm to the side.

"Ice Dragon Wing Attack!" I said cutting through almost half of the ones near me.

I continued fighting. What felt like hours after it seemed like we have accomplished nothing. It seems like there were still as many as we started with. I stumbled backward and slid down the wall. I threw my head back and closed my eyes holding my bruises. I couldn't fight for much longer.

I opened my eyes and looked over at Natsu and AIS. I saw them breathing hard and slowly losing strength. I sighed and tried to get back up. When I landed on my feet I walked over to them. I placed my hand on Natsu's shoulder.

"You guy should go, escape this place.." I said with a small smile on my face. Natsu frowned.

"I can't leave you Gray. I'm going to fight as much as you are." He responded. I could hear in his voice that he was already getting weaker.

I shook my head. "No.. You need to escape. Go back to the guild. Remember them? Lucy, Erza, Wendy, Happy, Carla, Gajeel, Levy, Juvia, Lisanna, Pantherlily, Gramps.." I mumbled naming person after person.

Natsu smiled sadly and nodded. "Yea I remember them... Feels like it's been forever right..?" He said with a light laugh. I nodded slowly.

I look over at Seikai. Maybe if we get to her everyone else will stop. I smiled. "Natsu I have an idea." I said smirking slightly.

"What is it?" He asked. I sighed. "It might be out final stand. You ready? AIS?" I said checking in with them. They both nodded and I looked back toward the girl.

"All right. So we take her out, and then maybe all the undead will stop." I said. They both nodded in agreement. "That would make the most logical sense." AIS replied.

"I will keep her distracted. You guys get to her okay?" AIS said running off toward her before I could protest. I looked over at Natsu. "You ready?" I asked him.

"Always Ice Princess." He smiled intertwining his hands with mine.

"Alright. Let's do this." I mumbled.

~~~

Yay! Well next chapter is their final fight with Seikai~ oOoOooOo
Do you think they will win? Or will they lose in pride with each other?
Who knows~?
Anyway Bai Bai~