The End's Not Near - It's Here

Organs // Of Monsters And Men

I am sorry this is always how it goes, I should not care but I don't know how

So I take off my face, because it reminds me how it all went wrong

I am sorry for the trouble, I suppose

~

I can remember the first time I met Ditto Incognito, how he saved me from those robbers. The first time I met the real him, only a few minutes later because he was able to change the time continuum and be at two places at once. How he had me wrapped around his finger because he was so mysterious. How he saved me from a car and I naively told him about Ryder. Hallowfest. His apartment. The movies. All those nights he came unexpectedly into my room. It's too much to handle. "I know." His voice rings in melancholy, but stringed with understanding. I look over to him, how concentrated he is on making things right.

"You only promised to protect me to keep yourself from getting hurt." I refrain myself from the whole lecture I want to give, knowing that I said that we shouldn't talk about anything until we find the others, but it is hard not to. Truth is, I have to. He only promised to beat Strike for me so he could be set free from his own father. I have a right to be devastated after so much time has been dedicated towards him. "And then you let people, so many people, die." Daniel doesn't answer, maybe my strength for telepathy is failing or he simply doesn't know what to say. Only hours ago did Strike and his minions perish. After my transition into concealment, I was able to escape the electromagnetic field and distract Strike enough to let him falter his bubble, letting Ryder, along with the others, to get out. By this time, Hannah took off again. Ryder, failed to notice as he did the dirty work of overpowering Strike while Ditto Incognito took Julie away from the debacle. It's not like we had trust in him, but he was the only other one who was able to save Julie. Little did we know that she would knock him out with one of her roundabouts and fight the crime before he could even lay a hand on her. Though, the consequence of her doing so was that Daniel was never able to tell us that the tattoos on Strike's subordinates linked them with Strike himself and if we took him down, we would take down all of his followers, including dear Joshua Collins. By the time Strike had an override of electricity that was too much to handle, all of his followers were struck with electricity matter beginning from their markings and spreading throughout their bodies. The shock didn't kill Ryder or me the first time we were shocked because we are metahumans, but his minions unfortunately were not, leaving them to die from their hearts stopping.

Strike, however, was only weakened at that point and Ditto decided to take one for the team. As Ryder was ready to end it all, Ditto Incognito woke up just in time to step in and whisper a few things into his father's ear as he grasped him by the collar, teleporting him into the water. Then, he slipped the ring on his finger ff, crushing it instantly, which ultimately was the last remainder of power left inside of him. His heart failed him soon after short circuiting by shocking himself leading him into cardiac arrest. As Ditto took him back to our location at the height of Hesper Labs, Ryder checked for a pulse, but his lack of response proved his shortcomings and Ditto finally was able to breathe. It was over for Ditto, he had no more obligations. He was set free. Though, apparently, when you kill a super, it isn't just simple like that. We can take more than just cardiac arrest. It appears that we can almost withstand anything and Ditto's father proved that very quickly.

His arm launched onto Ryder's neck, saying that if he was going to go down, so was he. He then brought up a storm of electrical discharge — the largest one ever seen on our planet — and struck it down onto our very spot. Within seconds before the drop, Ditto Incognito rammed into Ryder, sending him flying as he replaced his spot. I, on the other hand, could only teleport somewhere far enough as The Fade bolted away. The humongous tsunami of lightning landed on everything within a ten mile radius, blowing out all electricity for who-knows how long. It was so strong that it left us unconscious for a while, which is the reason why we ended up here.