To New Beginnings

No Angels // Bastille

[Norman:] We're all in our private traps,

Clamped in them, and none of us can ever get out

[Marion:] Sometimes we deliberately step into those traps

[Norman:] I was born in mine; I don't mind it anymore

[Marion:] Oh but you should, you should mind it

[Norman:] Oh I do, but I say I don't

~

I decided Daniel was right- you know, about going to tutoring. I mean study hall isn't as nearly as horrid as detention. For once, I search for his classroom and to my great disappointment, it is closed. There's a white sheet with black scribbles dangling in masking tape. I narrow my eyes to read it and slide my fingers on the words as I read. Tutoring out on the field.

Oh boy, the field. Daniel only coaches the soccer team, so of course the field means the soccer field. I guess not many people come if he's willing to have distractions openly. And I don't mean hot, gorgeous guys as a distraction, I mean the boys running around. Well, to be honest, I meant that too.

My eyes automatically roll whilst I drag myself down the hallway. It leads to two ways, the parking lot where my lovely car is waiting anxiously for me and the other towards the field. Man, I can still get out of here without anyone noticing about my embarrassing tutoring session. It is oh-so tempting.

"Babe! Wait up!" The voice I've been dreading to hear calls out to me. Josh. He catches up to me and flicks his hair out of his face with a quick head turn.

"What do you want?" I bark angrily. My right hand clenches my lunchbox tightly as I stare at him. Both of our feet commence to move forward. No matter how much he has explained to me, about leaving me at Lugini's alone, I still haven't forgiven him. Though, maybe it is because it went a little something like this:

"I told you already!" He cried out, not any more frustrated than I was. "The ceiling began to collapse when the guy in the yellow suit broke through it and split our table in half. Before I could look for you, the crowd of people took me away."

"You liar!" I called him, my teeth ached from grinding my teeth too strongly. "You said you wanted to get out of there!"

"Well, y-yeah I did! But that went along with being pulled away." He stuttered, his dishonesty was catching up to him. Never in my life, had I heard the egotistical Apollo stammer. To me, it amazed me. "Look, I said I am sorry. I don't know what else to tell you."

"You don't know what else?" I mimicked him, irritably."Oh, I don't know. Maybe a 'I'll make it up to you'?"

"If I could go back in time, I would have went to find you. No- I would have taken you somewhere else." He attempted to correct himself but I was already sure for one thing: Joshua Collins is no longer someone I can trust. If he can't find a way to fix his own mistakes- then he shouldn't be trusted to do anything. I shouldn't have been so stupid and naive to go out. I knew I wasn't meant for it. Maybe I am just supposed to be a cat lady. I'm an artist, that's what they do right?

"Josh, it's over. Whatever this was, it is gone. Okay? No more trying." I put my foot down. We were outside now, I'm guessing he had to go to track, and as the parking lot came into view, the more courage I could invest in. With his mouth parted, he seemingly looked like he wanted to say something but couldn't.

"You're going to give up that easily?" He spoke lowly, as if what we were speaking was forbidden. Like it was wrong. But the weird thing about it is that it is right. Everything from getting the semi-popular girl away from the mega-star boy and leaving it at that was good. Josh and I clashed and there was nothing that could change that. I would never get along with him for any longer than twenty four hours.