Things We Said Today

Life of the party- shawn mendes

We don't have to be ordinary

Make your best mistakes

'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry

~

Tuesday, yet another day of torture and pure agony. Third period starts in five, when I approach the classroom door, I see Ryder. For some time, I feel like the world stops, but this time it isn't me doing it. He looks well, as if he hadn't even left Monterey in the first place, only having grown a few inches taller and now having defined features. He's smiling at someone I can't see from where I am at. It's her, Violet. He wraps his arm around her and begins to walk to the direction I am just leaving from. Quickly, I scramble into the classroom, where the kid sitting near the door stares at me as if I'm delusional or something.

Josh is already sitting with Alex, my assigned partners. Joshua is very handsome, he has perfectly messed up hair that matches his unusual yellowish eyes and, the preppy clothes that classifies him as what he wears: a prep. A little history on Josh is that I used to be his a very good friend of his the year before his evolution. He became hot the year after Ryder started to date girls long ago. His development meant that he magically lost fifty pounds and puberty hit him hard. Or really glorified him hard. Even with the acne that strayed on his cheeks, he still manages to look so hot. Instinctively, I ignore him and pull out my Mac, already ready for class. But there's something different in this class, there's a substitute. It's a man, well from the looks of it, he looks like someone our age. Maybe he just has one of those baby faces?

"Hello, class of Mrs. Finley's. My name is Daniel Clyde and due to Mrs.Finley's maternity leave, I'll be your teacher for the remainder of the year." He gleams at us kindly, his hand stuffed in his dress pants. There's commotion throughout the classroom, I'm guessing having a teacher that looks like he's our age is pretty interesting. "Now, before we get started, I'd like to know you all and vice versa. You may start with asking me questions."

"Aren't you our age?" Some girl from the back of the class asks skeptically. This is a little odd if I may say so. "Uhm, well," He clears his throat, a little taken back. Is it not unusual to find a sort of attractive teacher look like one of you? 'Yes."

"Does that mean you're a super?" Another cuts in, earning even more clamor. A super? No way. I thought the city had a ban on supers being teachers and business owners.

When you are a super, like Ryder, Alex and I, you know when they are near you. It's hard to explain, but for him to be under the radar is quite shocking. Alex looks surprised also, with his mouth parted open. Now that I think of it, the only new possible super, was that kid who played football on Sunday. His name was Daniel too. Holy cow, that is Daniel.

For most of the period, he explains his background, how he just recently moved here. We learn about his extensive memory and how that is the only explanation how he was interviewed in the first place. He says that his past experiences with supers is most likely the reason why he was hired. Other than that, he decides to dive into our curriculum and he starts out with explaining the hazards of chemicals and how it can potentially either kill you or have a five percent chance of turning you into a metahuman. He throws in the example of how the late villain, Copper Wave, had an accident involving the chemical bromine and was forever turned into liquid within room temperature. That story alone, scares the classroom enough to surely not touch bromine or be around it within a few yards radius.

I find it humorous the way Daniel put it. Copper Wave was intentionally trying to become a super during the 1970's, and it wasn't until Alvin the Almighty took him down when he was forced to tell the world that he didn't mean to do the things he did, when he actually did. Anyway, my last period of the day is AP Studio Art and even if most of the people suck at art, I can confidently say that I'm great. Not to be narcissistic or anything, but I just accepted my talent. I'm not the best at math or history, but I can definitely draw a detailed picture. It's something I can take pride in and be outrageously happy about it. I open the door to 3110 and am welcomed to the sound of 80's music and the aroma of paint. Internally, I cannot keep a straight face. Everything in art makes me feel warm inside, like I'm home and this is where I belong. My designated seat is not actually assigned but rather we just have a habit of sitting in these places. The mutes in the corner, the future Fetty Wap's right in the middle and people like me, who don't really have a category, sit in the back. Julie is in this class too, so I'm not the least bit surprised that she enters a few seconds after me. Now lets get started on some satirical art!