Chapter nine

Author: So I want to wish everyone a great Thanks Giving/ Turkey day! Also, I want to be all thankful for the reads, and comments, votes. I'm not sure why you guys like this story, but as it's coming from my alter ego she must be on to something...anyway thanks and have a wonderful thanksgiving week!

Walking home, since someone had decided to hit my bike with their car. I stopped at the mail box, getting the mail out wasn't something I normally did. But anything to stall before I had to go inside that building of brick and mortar filled with problems I had to solve.

Walking up the long driveway I stopped short when I saw Ewan outside, he was talking to someone. It was the beta from the night we got engaged. Awkwardly I looked around, to see if there was another way for me to enter the house.

It wasn't that I didn't want to speak to my...my fiancé but right now after living in the moment of being in school, as if nothing had changed. It was hard to see mister change standing in front of my house.

"Argo?"

To late... I was caught, forcing my lips to quirk up to at least look warm I walked over towards them. As if that had been my plan all along, not. "Hi, what are you both doing out here?"

I winced, it sounded like they shouldn't be out here.

Ewan smiled, and pointed at the beta who smiled in greeting, both of them felt like towering warriors. I never had an issue with my height before, but with these males standing in front of me, I couldn't help feel small.

"I was speaking to Roland about the wedding party," He stepped towards me, and reaching out placed his hand on handle of my bag. "That looks heavy, let me take it."

Awkwardly I allowed him to take it, I wasn't sure I would get used to him being so, nice. Turning my mind away from that, I focused on him, "What about the party?" I shifted my footing, "I thought it would be the usual group of over privilege tribe, and pack leaders?"

Roland laughed, his red hair gleamed in the sunlight, and his light blue eyes sparkled with laughter. I realized then that he was actually very handsome, but unlike Ewan he didn't make me nervous, plus observing his handsome visage was like admiring a good styled painting. I didn't have an urge to make it mine.

On instinct I moved closer towards Ewan, who glanced down at me in question, but I decided to ignore his silent question in favor of asking Roland why he was laughing.

Calming down, he placed a hand on his hip. "Your words lass, they sound all too familiar to my ears." He gave a devilish grin in Ewan direction, "The Lass shares your thoughts on those who are a part of the supposed nobility."

Ewan chuckled placing a hand on my shoulder, "Then it means we are a good match then Bruthur."

Roland nodded, "Aye."

I wasn't so sure about that, considering he was going to use me to take over my father's business and pack. Now that I thought on it, we hadn't spoken of our supposed deal.

"Laticia?"

We all turned only to see my mother standing in the doorway, luckily she'd actually put on normal clothes.

Her eyes narrowed on me, and as usual the upturning of the corners of her mouth didn't make me think of a warming smile.

"Dinner hasn't been started."

"Ah."

One thing that had been made perfectly clear was the fact that I would continue my responsibility till after my wedding.