Chapter Thirteen

Author: Yay! break is over, and I've returned lalalala! Bring the champagne 2016 new chapter here!

The blue moon was the night that wolf-changelings felt the most willing to mate.

Of course our kind could always mate during the year but it was standard for newly wed couples to wait for the blue-moon for their wedding to mate.

Ewan apparently didn't follow this tradition, he was rough as he pressed his lips into mine, his tongue scraping against mine. His hands had long ago worked together in divesting me of my top, and were now trying to unbuckle my pants. His hard chest pressed into mine.

I wanted this moment to last forever.

Like a coward I was seeking an escape from the lack of control I felt I had in my life. He moved his lips from mine to my throat, letting his teeth play with my ear. His hands were now cupping my breast, I flinched as his fingers played with my nipples.

Gasping when he lowered his lips to my chest, I stared at the ceiling. The designs in the white plaster blurred, my heart echoed in my ears. He drew back, his hair having escaped from his tie. Fell against his face, giving him a gloriously attractive wild look.

Confused I stared up at him, my chest heaving with labored breath.

He leaned back on sitting on heels, his eyes stared at me predatorily, the glow unnerving.

"Lass... it would be best if we stop now." His heavy breathing roughened his voice to a growl.

Lifting up my head, confused I blinked up at him. "W-what? Why?"

He stared at me silently, before he turned away and slid off the bed. His voice muffled as he picked his shirt up from the ground and pulled it on. "I promised you that I would respect your wishes," Pulling the shirt down he faced me his ice eyes clear, "And if I make love to you, Lass your choice will be gone."

Dropping my eyes from his intense ones, I couldn't help the niggling belief that despite everything Ewan was saying...he just didn't like me enough to take the risk.

Yeah, sure. Respect, honestly he could have said he was cursed or something and I still do what I'm doing now.

Glaring at him, I got off the bed and grabbing my bra I quickly put it back on, followed by my shirt. Shoving past him and ignoring him calling my name, I ran down the stairs not even glancing at the others who were lounging in the living room.

Shoving the front door open I took off. Wincing when I felt a stone under my foot, I ignored the pain I allowed myself to be carried off with the wind that caught me under the hair.

The sun light flashed past me my lips lifted and soon I couldn't hold back the grin that was coming to my lips. Leaping over a fallen tree, I lifted my arms up, letting my head tilt up towards the sun the warmth spilled down onto me.

Landing, softly I turned around only to have my eyes widen in surprise to see Ewan staring down at me from the other side of the fallen tree trunk.

Slowly standing, I smiled at him. "Not so helpless am I?"

His lips quirked up, and suddenly I felt the tension in the air. Before I realized it I'd turned around and taken off.

His feet pounded the earth as he chased me down, a heat from my side caused me to stop short and spin to the right.

Ewan grunted as he missed me, almost hitting the tree to my right, he frowned at me his eyes sparking with challenge.

With a childish giggle I took off once again. The empty woods were filled with my laughter, and Ewans grunts of frustration as he tried to catch me.