Chapter Twenty-three

Author: Okay, Okay we are going to get back on schedule people.. School, and recovery from a major hangover has been rough, but yay it's over and the wait shall end the cycle of writing begins agains. ENJOY!!

It's golden brown eyes were narrowed, and its tail lashed back and forth. Ewan was taken out of his admiration of Argo's true form when he noticed Argint heading towards the two women.

The pale man looked determined. Ewan quickly intercepted him smiling. "Ach, man you don't mess with Lassies when they fight." He lifted a hand, his cold grey eyes staring in Argints annoyed ones. "We should let 'em settle it 'tween themselves."

Argint obviously didn't agree with him, for he pulled out a gun, only he wasn't prepared for Ewan to move with a swiftness that took one's breath away. Ewan stepped forward avoiding the bullet, and lifted his hand he shot out his right hand wrapping steel fingers around Argints throat.

His ice eyes were cold, and skin grew brighter. "Don't."

When Argint didn't say anything, Ewan blinked loosening his hold he cursed. Letting go, he hadn't meant to break the man's neck. He shook his head; it would take maybe two hours for Argint to heal from the damage.

Ewan left him there and turned his attention to attending to Argo's family.

**

When I was six years old, I attempted to run away. It came from too many days looking out from the highest window in the house grandmother owned, I watched my "family" down below. I knew they were my blood, yet I wasn't ever allowed to see them.

Grandmother would hide me away whenever they came to visit. She would lock the door to my room, so I couldn't leave. One night, desperate to meet or at least see my family I ran out of the house in search of them.

The woods were thick and dark, the branches scratched at my skin, while rocks cut into my small feet. The pain was ignored as I rushed towards the smell of those who resembled mine.

Running along the path, I was young, and unaware of the possible danger that lied under the thick underbrush of the woods.

A snap of twig under paw, or the heavy panting that grew closer.

I was so desperate in my search for the family, that I knew was mine that when the low growl finally hit my ear it was too late.

With barely sound I felt the creature leap up, and it's claws scratch into my back. I screamed the pain was excruciating, tears welled into my eyes.

The yellowish glow of the eyes behind the one who'd attacked first made me realize that there was more than one wild wolf surrounding me. With struggle, I pulled jerked myself away and putting all my fear into my legs I ran.

My lungs pumped air into my chest, as the wind rushed over my skin ripping tears from my eyes.

The scent of their bloodlust permeated the air. Their yips and growls caused shivers to run through my six-year-old body, breaking through the edge of the forest, I turned around my eyes wide as they growled within the darkness of the woods.

The memories, always broke here as if to protect me from the pure shock of the situation. I would watch as my six-year-old self, turned from the break into the woods and ran towards the house that had large windows that viewed the back yard. I could feel the warm blood flowing down my back.

The bright light drew me in and I approached taking step after staggering step forward. Raising my small blood covered hand I placed it against the glass window. The family inside seemed to be playing some form of game.

They laughed, and joked as their young daughter seemed to be complaining about losing a card from her brother.

She watched them silently shivering as she stood outside, the fall breeze brushed against her back everyone once a while reminding her of the scars on her back.

Her eyes widened when the large dark skinned man who'd been sitting with the family noticed her. His eyes widened with something that looked akin to shock, and his expression became cold. She flinched at the look in his eyes, her body started to shake. He stood, and saying something with a smile to the others, and walked over to the window.

He stopped in front of her, his back to those who still sat talking about the game with laughter. The man was scary, he just glared down at her with disgust dripping from his eyes. She stepped back, when his lips curled in a cruel way.

He reached up his hand, grabbing the edge of the curtain and jerked it to the side, hiding the warmth, light and himself from her sight.

She returned to her grandmother shivering, and bleeding dragging one of the wild wolfs corpse behind her.

**

Pain, you see I something had grown used to.

As Celia, my apparent half-sister clawed, scratched and gnawed on my body I couldn't but feel sorry for her. Every attack she made, I evaded. Every lunge I either chose to allow her, or avoided.

Blood was already a familiar taste in my mouth. She leapt towards me her claws out, and landed on my back raking them across my flesh. I let out pained howl shaking my head, against the pain. It excruciating, and yet, as I used my jaw to catch her front-right leg, and let my teeth sink in, and jerked.

I found the pain relieved at the sound of her arm breaking. She let out a pained howl of her own, and pulled away from me, dismounting from my back. But it was to late, I wouldn't let go growling deep in my chest, I kept hold of her front leg.

She tried to pull away, the bones and muscles in her arm shredding and breaking under my onslaught.

Her eyes were filled with a complex mixture of hatred and fear.

Opening my mouth, I pulled back, and contemplated her as she limped on one leg. Swallowed up in the darkness cover of my emotions it's a wonder that I hadn't simply killed her yet.

She should die....she really should.

With that thought I rushed forward, and before she had time to react, or heal. I widened my mouth and chomped on her neck, and with a twist of my lovely chompers felt great satisfaction at the sound of her neck breaking.

Her breathing slowed, and her body stilled. I didn't open my mouth, or move away for a good minute.

Until I suddenly felt exhaustion take over me. I released and stumbled back, and felt my body going through the change, my paws became finger and my body lost its fur. My size diminished and as I stumbled back my eye lids growing heavy.

I felt he familiar embrace of strong arms catch me and pull me close.

The thick Scottish brogue, that always calmed spoke in my ear.

"There, there lass it's all over."

Not even having the strength to say anything, I simply nuzzled my face into his neck, and allowed myself to drift off the sleep.

To Be continued...

Author's note: Three more to go~~