Chapter Nineteen

"How do you wish to start building?"

Roland asked as the broke their fast, it was six in the morning and Ewan had left his bride in bed. He'd been reluctant to leave her, but he had to start giving land to his people, and look over the dower lands that now belonged to him.

He frowned as he stared down at the map on the coffee table, it showed where the Bellamy lands had been built up at, but the house he and Argo had been given. Had eleven acres surrounding it, he'd been shocked at the amount of land Argo had been gifted with.

Five of it, would be perfect for his people to build their own community around. He lifted his eyes from the map, and faced Arutur who was currently speaking to a contractor. "Has he agreed?"

Arutur pulled the phone from his ear, "Yes, Laird he say he will come around twelve."

"So you really intend on moving our people here." His sister said as she entered the dinning room, her long dark hair pulled in a high ponytail. The lovely green gown had been given up from jeans and a white t-shirt. She took a seat at the table, grabbing a piece of toast she ripped off a piece to eat. She frowned at Ewan, "Does Argo know your plans."

"I thought everyone knew." A sleep clogged voice spoke, everyone turned their attention to the bleary eyes Argo. Who wore panda printed pajamas and a loose fitting shirt, that Heather knew belonged to her brother.

Her hair was a mess of curls and nappy whirls, walking fully into the room she walked over to the kitchen area where Ewan's mother had been quietly cooking. She smiled when she saw Argo, she reached out and moved some hair from Argo's eyes.

"You should have slept in," Her smile turned into a smirk, "It is the day after you wedding."

Argo shrugged, yawning as she reached for the freshly brewed coffee. "Well my warmer left me, so it got uncomfortable lying around on my own."

"Awe, Laird you left your bride out to get cold." Arutur teased flicking his blonde hair out of his eyes.

"I would like it if you didn't joke about my bride." Ewan said in annoyance as he stood, and walked over to Argo. Who willingly went to him, he pulled her into a hug and brushed his lips across her forehead, "I'm sorry Mo gra. I should have stayed longer."

Argo shook her head, pulling back she smiled up at him. "I know you need to get your people settled," She turned her eyes to their audience on onlookers, "And as some would say I'm just as responsible for our people as you are."

Taken aback her claiming his people, Ewan couldn't help the feel of pleasure that rolled through him. His Argo, would she ever disappoint him...well he still desired her love, but aside from that he was happy he'd chosen to marry her.

He reluctantly pulled let his arms release her, "I have to meet my Bruther Duff to speak about your shares, and after meeting the contractor we have to meet the laywer with your parents."

Argo frowned, a troubled look coming to her eyes. Ewan brushed a finger down her cheek, "Would you rather not go?"

"I..." She paused, and she took a deep breath. "I don't want to, but I will." She lifted her chin, a show of confidence. "They aren't monsters just Changelings, who follow the ways of their people. I can't blame them for it."

"I will." Ewan said harshly, their eyes met. Her curios, his fierce. "I won't abide disrespect of my bride."

"OOH!" Heather said from the table, she added teasingly. "Lass, you've a warrior on your hands, him and his lads are always eager to run a person through with their swords."