Chapter Eighteen

Author: Okay so there is a little-little bit of song fic in this, but it's really a small scene so I'm going to put the Youtube video up I suggest you listen to it, it will get you in the mood, then there is the song Alessia Care Stars...perfect for the *** you'll find out anyway enjoy, comment, and well love love y'all.

"There isn't really any point for me to speak about the wedding night." My mother said snidely as she helped me remove my veil, her lips were pursed in distaste. "As you've already had your first night."

Choosing not to say anything, I stood still on the small dais. As maids walked here and there packing up my belongings they would wrap them with white ribbon and would move them to the house I would be living in with my husband.

Husband?

The realization that now I was married, and that now I had a husband took my breath away. A slow ripple of pleasure filled my stomach. Ewan was my husband and I was his wife. I was no longer a Bellamy but now a Mckillian.

"Mom?"

She turned away from directing a maid on how to fold my dress, "Yes," She seemed taken aback by my calling her 'mom'.

"Could you dismiss the servants; I would like to speak with you alone."

She stared at me for a moment, I could see her mind working trying to figure out what I wanted. With a sharp wave of her hand the maids swiftly left the room shutting the door behind them.

I stepped down from the dais, my bare feet made me shorter than my mother.

She crossed her arms, her brow furrowed. "What did you want to talk about?"

Taking a deep breath, I clenched my fist by my side, "I know that the family has always seen me as disappointment and would have been pleased if I had suffered an early death."

At these spoken words her mother's expression stiffened, but she didn't say anything.

"Whether this is because I was an omega or because I was a woman, now it no longer matters." I smiled. "I will be honest this is the happiest day of my life. I am no longer a part of a cold, joyless family and shall be now welcomed into a warm one."

I bowed my head, "But I would like to thank you for giving birth to me."

There was only silence until my mother started chuckling. Lifting my head, I forced myself to remain expressionless. As mother shook her head, wiping a tears from her eyes.

Mothers face twisted darkly, her voice came out sharp, intent on cutting. "I'm not the one you should thank." She muttered a curse, before she walked forward and placed her cold hands on both sides of my face her rings pressed into my cheeks causing me to flinch back. "You-you are the very reason everything in my life became joyless, and empty...if it wasn't for you. I..." she stopped dropping her hands to her side she stepped back shaking her head humorlessly.

Her eyes were focused on the carpet she smiled but it was brittle. "I only wish that your Alpha is everything you believe him to be." She lifted her empty eyes to me the deep well of despair and hate swirled there. "I pray that he is everything you want Argo, so that you won't end up like me. A woman who has her own daughter tell her she's cold and joyless." With that she walked past me towards the door pulling it open, she spoke over her shoulder. "The servants will come for you when we are ready for the wedding march."

She let the door shut behind her.

Shaken and left alone I couldn't help the frantic thoughts running through my mind. "I was the reason?" How could I be, I wasn't even allowed to be with the family till I was seven.