Chapter Twelve

Author: So~O, here is another chapter. I finally arrived to the weekend, and yeah low-key I've been working on my other stories saying I have a paper, to avoid my three younger boy cousins who love playing random tackle. There is no win or lose but ugh!

"I was supposed to get married next week?!"

Impossible!

Yet, as I observed Ewan's down cast eyes and the grip he had on his knees. I came to the realization that after my actions of slamming my brother against the wall;the Heir apparent at that. My parents would be more than ready to get rid of me.

"So-, I guess that's it then." My voice was smaller than I thought it should be. So I cleared my throat. "I'm sure this makes you happy?" And now it sounded empty... lifeless, like I felt on the inside.

Ewan placed a hand over mine, apparently my fury had showed itself in the tightening of my fist. He brushed his thumb along the back of my hand, and truthfully it slowly calmed the racing of my heart.

"Lass, I would have rather have our time of courtship extended than for it to be rushed like this..." He sounded sincere, his eyes were on my face but I refused to meet his concerned stare. "If it would please you, I-I could go and request your parents to change the date again-."

"No, it's fine."

I cut him off. If Ewan went to my parents and begged them to wait, it would be even more pathetic for me. Having my future Hus-lov-whatever he was, begging my parents to keep me longer.

Moving my hand from under his, I scooted to the edge of the bed. "I guess I should get a chance to view my future home." I attempted sounding bright, even though my smile felt brittle.

I finally managed to gather enough courage to meet Ewans gaze, with a cheerful one of my own, it felt stiff and broken. "I'll finally be the women of the house."

He smiled, standing up and reaching out he took my hand helping me up, "Well then Lass... shall we go?"

I eagerly took his hand. Willing to do anything that would take my mind off the fact my family was throwing me away, anything.

**

Bellamy lands were many, but instead of building the main house in the center of the plot of acres. Grandfather had, had the main family home built closer to the front while every five acres there was a house or empty plot of land. Woods covered most of it, with hidden paths towards intimately hidden cabins.

He'd dreamed that one day the entire land would be packed with the wolf tribe, and their progeny. Sadly, as I walked along the path towards the mansion and land that was supposedly in my dowry I couldn't help notice the empty echo of the woods.

"Do you not come often to these parts of the woods?"

Pulled from my thoughts I looked up at Ewan. It was surprising that the man grew more handsome outside. Somewhere in my mind, I couldn't help logging away his image as if to hold it for safe keeping later.

Turning away from him, I looked forward. "Yes, and no. When I went through my first half-change during the blue-moon I ran all over. My wolf-if I would call it that-knows every nook and cranny of this place."

"Ah..., so are you saying you don't?" Ewan asked, I noticed he'd drawn closer, but I choose to ignore his subtle movement.

"I do, but-." I left off, how could I explain the emotion of excitement and fear when I came to these parts of our land. For some reason ever since I was seven I'd been afraid to come this far. It was only three miles away from the main house but I always felt weird about it.