*FIVE*

"You're back!"

Olive wasn't prepared for Stella's shout of joy, and flinched when she entered their shared dorm room. Seeing the mess of clothes and food boxes she could see that Stella had enjoyed her break from Olive's neat freak ways.

Side-stepping an open box of Chinese noodles. Olive grimaced at the dust she could see floating in the air.

"I was only gone for two days."

"But it felt like forever." Stella whined, hugging her suddenly "My love abandoned me."

Stella pulled back giving Olive a once over, "Ah, did you change your hair?"

"No," Olive said rolling her eyes, as she pulled away and tossed her bag onto her bed. She immediately started picking up trash that lay here and there. "It's the effect of the pools, my braids grew right out and I had to cut it."

"Ugh, I hate when that happens." Stella said picking up a plastic trash bag, she held it out towards Olive, who stared from the bag to her, and back to the bag then her again.

Seeing Olive's blank look, Stella suddenly became sheepish, pulling it back she stared helping Olive clean their room.

"I know," Olive continued, as if their little silent by-play hadn't happened, "It was worse in high school, everyone automatically believed it was all weave."

"Remember when Roger Bathis pulled on your hair to prove it wasn't real."

"Ugh, that little bastard I almost punched him in class."

"Yeah, and everyone was shocked that little Olive had turned violent."

Olive couldn't hold back her laughter at the old memory, "My mom came to the office and started talking about how'd they mixed us up, and it couldn't be me."

Stella frowned tossing an orange juice bottle into the bag, "She called my mom and then my mom dragged me out of class. Luckily, I'd actually gone to school that day and not skipped. That was the beginning of my grudge against her."

"Stop it, the grudge started because you ruined her flower garden making small tornadoes in the yard. And the only reason you were there was because you had a crush on that vampire...wait, what was his name?"

Becoming contrite Stella snapped, "It doesn't matter, he rejected me anyway."

Feeling bad for bringing up Stella's old crush, Olive patted her on the shoulder, "And he regretted it, right?"

Stella grinned evilly, "Sure as hell did, dropping me for that unemotional bimbo."

"Well, he did think you were human."

"Ah, I forgot about that part."

"No, you didn't?!"'

Stella nodded, her eyes wide with realization as she met Olive's taken aback expression, "Why didn't you say something along those lines then?"

Trying to hold back her laughter, Olive shook her head, "I-I'd thought he'd actually hurt your feelings, I didn't know you hadn't told him your secret at all."

Stella released a heavy sigh, picking a pizza box, "Whelp, it's too late now."

"Definitely."

Olive didn't think they would ever gain forgiveness for the prank they'd pulled on him in high school

***

The next day Olive awoke feeling refreshed, stretching she smiled when she heard the chirping of birds outside.