*TEN*

Pulling the car door open, Olive leaned down and pulled the groceries from the back.

Stella grabbed a few of the other bags. She pressed the button on the keys that hung from her hip. Stella spoke first, "So..., how are you going to deal with Mister Brawny?" She asked as they walked towards the dorm.

Olive didn't know how to answer Stella, so instead she shrugged. "Getting rid of him isn't the problem," She said thoughtfully, "Giving into him, is."

"What?!"

Stopping short, her mouth slack she stared at the back of Olives head. "You want to give in?"

Olive blinked, realizing she said the last part aloud, she turned calmly and shrugged. "He's not ugly, what girl wouldn't want to at least kiss him?" The question was rhetorical, but Stella answered it.

"Umm, those who don't want to be broken hearted." Stella snapped, she walked up to Olive, "He is one of those one dimension lycan's who don't really have much to offer aside from sex."

Olive turned fully around, and stared at Stella silently before she spoke quietly. "Stella, he isn't Cole."

Stella flinched, her body going still. The very air seemed to freeze, her face twisted into a mask of pain before she quickly lowered her eyes.

Olive wished she could take back her words. She didn't know why she'd even said what she did. For some reason her usual calm had dispersed as Stella spoke ill of Lucien. Biting her lip, she quietly spoke, "Stella—I..."

"It's fine." Stella cut her off, she lifted he head, but her eyes didn't meet Olives. "He isn't Cole." She turned her suspiciously wet eyes towards Olive, "He could be worse." She added in a low voice. With that she shoved past Olive, and entered the dorm not looking back.

Cursing, Olive couldn't understand why she'd spoken that taboo name. Cole was a subject that everyone knew not to speak about around Stella, the only man who'd broken her heart.

Sighing, Olive followed her friend into the dorm. She would have to apologize, for once she'd let her temper get the better of her.

Something that rarely happened.

Lucien entered the dorm, his chest heaving. He shook his head, trying to disperse the sweat from eyes. Frowning, he walked into the large shared kitchen on to stop when he smelled something sweet. Entering, he felt his eye widen when he saw Olive stirring something in a bowl.

Walking over to her, he placed a hand on her shoulder which caused her to jump, and whip around hitting him in the cheek with the batter covered spoon.

Wide eyed she stared up at him in shock, before with a sudden movement she cried out. "Why are you always lurking around?!" She complained grabbing the edge of her apron she lifted it to wipe the batter from his cheek. "Are you going to make a habit of surprising me? Haven't you learned your lesson yet?"

She chided him, but Lucien was more captivated by her behavior of caring for him. Her body was pressed against his as she tried to clean his face, her eyes flicked over it in concern.

As if realizing how close she was to him, she let out a tiny gasp and stepped back dropping the edge of her apron. The silence grew between them, Olive nervous wrung her hands at the bottom of her apron.

She motioned to his face, "I uh, I'm sorry for that."

He nodded deciding to give the space she wished, he walked over to the fridge. "What are you cooking?"

Seeming happy to have something to talk about, she spoke. "I kind of made Stella mad, so I'm making her favorite sweets to gain her love again." She chuckled, "I hope she doesn't make me bake her a three tier cake or something."

Lucien closed the fridge door, his brows were drawn together in confusion. "She is mad with you, she didn't—?"

Olive blinked at him, before understanding dawned she laughed. "You think she hit me?" She shook her head, "No, Stella isn't the violent type."

"You could have fooled me," Lucien muttered under his breathe, the woman had seemed too eager to bash his brains in with the end of her mop.

Olive nodded, her brown eyes filled with a fondness, "We grew up together, and have had our fights, and sweets have always been the way into her heart."

She turned around to finish preparing the cake, only to hear Lucien whispered words. "How may I get into yours?"

Olive paused, chills running down her spine, she could feel his cold gaze on her back. She didn't understand why despite the coldness, she felt a certain fondness for his zero-degree personality. She shook her head, something was honestly wrong with her.

"You won't need to do that," She said as she started stirring again, "You will soon realize we are not mates."

She let out a small gasp when she was grabbed and jerked around, so that her back slammed against the wall. She stared up at dark eyes, the cloud of barely leashed violence swirled around Lucien.

"There will never come such a time." He said through gritted teeth, his hand grabbed the end of her braid and jerked forcing her head back. "I am growing impatient with your refusal of being my mate."

Olive eyes narrowed, the dark orbs lightening. "And I am growing heartily tired of your insistent belief that it's true." She snapped, "We don't match! I am no Lycan!"

Lucien pushed his body against her, his 6'0" muscled body covered hers and made her shudder. His hot breath coasted over her trembling lips, his eyes searched her face. She lifted her chin, showing she wasn't scared of him.

He smirked, "Your false bravado is awfully cute," He tilted his head, his eyes flickering with something, "It makes a man want to do..."

Olive blinked, waiting for him to finish, but he didn't, he stepped away from her. Staring at him shock, she should have felt relief he'd moved back, but the weirdest feeling of forlorness made her clench her hand into a fist. She couldn't seem to control her temper.

Lucien turned his back to her, "Whether it's true or not will be proven soon." He continued picking up his water bottle, from where he'd dropped it on the floor when he'd grabbed her, "The "Moon Run" will prove whether we fit or not."

"Moon Run?" Olive said, curiosity coating her voice.

He turned and faced her, his face now composed into calm. "A lycan allows his true spirit to run free, and only his mate can truly return him to his cloaked state." A cold look entered in his eyes, "You run, I chase till you are able to calm me, or..." he trailed off.

"Or?" Olive stepped forward, an ominous chill running down her spine. "What happens?"

"You'll be chased down and killed by my lycan side." Lucien cold eyes flicked over her, "I have faith that I won't awake to your corpse."

With that he turned from her and exited the shared kitchen.

Olive didn't realize she was shaking, she weaved but caught herself on the table. Her body was struggling taking in air.

Olive could become a mate to a blood thirsty Lycan, or she would die by his hand. Her heart thumped harder, "What am I going to do?" She whispered to no one.

:p��wm�=