*FOURTEEN*

Someone was carrying her. Olive felt their warmth, and smiled as whomever was holding smelled absolutely amazing. She wanted to, no, needed to be closer to them, so she snuggled closer. Olive allowed herself the luxury of breathing the person's warm scent.

The arms holding her up, tightened in reaction to her movement, but it wasn't painful, more so comforting. If anything, she felt safe being held so tightly. She didn't want to move, Olive was thinking this until a cold bush of air on her thighs caused her to suddenly stiffen.

Slowly, with dread she opened her eyes. The scenery, at first, was blurry but Olive eventually came to the realization she was looking at Stella, whose facial expression appeared worried before she suddenly smiled, exclaiming, "You're awake."

"Awake?" Olive repeated dumbly, lifting her eyes up, she found herself staring into, what was slowly becoming her most hated eye color, dark blue. Lucian stared down at her, his handsome expression stiff, and too close to her own face.

Dropping her gaze, Olive, slightly panicked; spoke up, "You can put me down now." She moved to get out of his hold, but Lucian wouldn't l allow her to leave his hold. Annoyed, she lifted angry eyes to his blank stare, and demanded. "Put me down!"

"He can't." Stella interjected, catching Olive's attention. Her lips were lifted in amusement.

Olive taken aback by her amusement, looked from Lucian, and back towards Stella, "And why can't he?"

Stella's lips trembled, Olive watched as her closest, man-hating friend, burst into laughter, "Because you're wearing nothing under that lovely blanket!"

Olive stiffened at her words, her eyes slowly I lowered, realizing finally that she'd been feeling the wind all over her body. The blood drained from her face, before it rushed back up into her cheeks. Curling closer to Lucian, Olive tried to stem the embarrassment that was flooding her mind.

Above her head, Olive could hear a rusty coughing sound.

Slowly, she pulled back and was astonished to find herself staring into the laughing face of Lucian.

"Is he—?" Stella asked sounding shocked.

Placing a hand on her shoulder, Christian nodded sounding just as astounded, "He is."

With his head thrown back, Lucian released a heavy laugh. For some reason Olive had never expected that he could laugh. For a moment she felt slight guilt, just because Lucian was a lycan didn't mean he couldn't experience joy and happiness.

Also, the sound of it was making her fell warm inside and out, deciding she wouldn't interrupt his humor. Olive pressed her lips together and simply leaned against him, as they continued on their way back to the dorm.

Later after they'd been dropped at their rooms, and Olive had been able to put on some clothes. She confronted Stella about what had caused her friend to snap.

"What happened?" It was the first question that popped out of her mouth. Olive had attempted to remain silent a little longer, but the book in her lap wasn't holding her attention

"Why did you lose control, it hasn't happened in a long time." She added.

Olive watched as Stella paused in her tapping on the laptop. The reason she'd tried to read novel instead of asking, was because Stella had wanted to finish a report for class. Olive's curiosity though, hadn't died and as they were alone, she figured this was the best time to ask.

Stella didn't say anything for a long moment, her eyes focused on the glowing screen. "I saw Cole." She finally said quietly

Olive jaw dropped, regaining her composuer. "C-cole?" She repeated, where had he found the confidence to approached Stella? It wasn't possible after what he'd done to her.