*TWENTY-FIVE*

Olive tightened her hold on Krishna as she followed Lucian into the mansion, the inside caused her skin the crawl. It was lovely, with marble flooring, potted plants and lovely decorations hanging in the hallway. Yet, something about the entire set up was cold to her.

The black and white motif didn't help.

"Your father has yet to have his lunch, are you planning to stay?" Lucian's step-mother said, her voice never changed a beat. It remained cold, and aloof, as if she didn't care one way or another, if he ate.

Lucian didn't seem phased, as he glanced over to Olive who gave him a tight smile. "After my mate and I give our greetings to father, we will return to our rooms for supper." He turned his attention back to his step mother, "It was a long drive here."

She nodded, as she stopped before a door, which Olive assumed led to the solar, "I'll direct the staff to send you supper to your room, now...once we enter, do remain quiet until all the candidates for your brother have spoken."

She grabbed the knob and turned it, Olive flinched at the heavy feel of violence and blood lust that spilled from the room.

And as the door opened, she tightened her hold on Krishna, and when the door opened, she bit her lip. Lucian, as if sensing her distress, reached out and took her hand in his.

The two met the dark gaze of four males, in a large room. They sat as if on a dais of thrones, the coldness in their eyes caused Olive to feel a sense of sadness for Lucian.

He stepped forward, and she followed. As they entered, she noticed the young women standing on the other side of the room. There were seven of them, and each one of them dressed to the nines and holding themselves stiffly, she met the eyes of one female. Whose pixy like features were whimsical, and caused a smile to come to Olive's lips.

The girl seemed taken aback by her smile, and returned it, before she seemed to catch herself and dropped her gaze away.

"You've finally returned." A deep voice spoke, seated in the center of the three males. Was a large male, he resembled Lucian a little with his cold expression, and brows but other than that, he was bristled faced, and would be handsome but for the large slash on his cheek. "And...you've brought with you a human..." he drawled narrowing his eyes on Olive, "How...did this come about, I wonder?" he sneered.

Olive refused to wilt under his gaze, and lifted her chin defiantly. Seeing this he lifted a mocking brow, "Interesting."

He turned his eyes back towards his son, "Explain."

Lucian, lowered his head, "I followed the old ways to find her."

"Hmm," was all his father said, as he turned his attention to the male who sat next to him. His hair was dark-brown, with lines of blond mixed in, "Your younger brother has managed to do what you can't, this is why I've yet to make you my heir, Josef."

Josef jaw clenched, and sent a look Lucian a dark look, "Well, we aren't all interested on relying on our basic instincts to make our choices for us." He then stood, "I believe I was in the middle of selecting my own bride, if we are done with introductions..."

"No we are not done." He father said sharply, turning he motioned to the other two males who'd stood and walked around to stand behind the chair. "The younger ones have yet to introduce themselves, Marc and Anthony, say hello to your brothers...mate." He spoke, his teeth clicking together.

The two males had to be the sons of the women who'd met them at the door, Lucian's step mother. Both had pale skin, and silvery eyes, while the older of the two seemed to have eyes of darker grey. Their hair though, was golden in color and while one wore it short the other wore his long and tied back.

While both nodded to her, other than that they didn't speak.

Lucian sensing that Olive was growing more uncomfortable, nodded "I've greeted you father, my mate and I will retire to our room. It was a long drive and the child needs his rest."

He father as if just realizing the babe was there, narrowed his eyes then, "Is...The child yours...?"

Olive spoke, "Ah...no, he's...he's," She searched for something to say...

"He's her little brother," Lucian said, thankfully covering for her, "He's just recently been adopted into her family, but her parents left town for work and she had no choice but to bring him."

Lucian glanced at her, and Olive couldn't help mouthing 'thank you'. His eyes warmed, before he faced his father once more, "Then...we will see you tomorrow for breakfast."

He turned on his heel, and together they left to cold room behind.

***

"You're...not looking so good."

Stella looked up, and groaned. Tammie was the only other person on campus she bothered to speak to. She was a short, and had head a head full of dyed pink hair.

A few too many piercings, and an over compensating attitude. Together they had both decided to go on a trip to New-York, but that wasn't for a few weeks.

"I know, right..." Stella agreed checking her reflection in the glass of a window. She had heavy bags under her eyes, and she would dare to say that she was actually getting pale. "I haven't been getting the greatest sleep recently."

"Oh," Tammie said as she took a seat next to her, frowning, "Have you gone to the nurse?"

"No," Stella said turning her attention to the girl, "I usually just take a day and sleep it off." She sighed, grimacing, "But that was yesterday and...I still don't feel rested." With a groan she flopped forward, letting her arms stretch across the table, and her forehead rest on her book, she muttered, "I'm just going to sleep in class, hopefully that works."

Tammie scoffed opening her own text book, "Sure, and the professor won't kick you out," She added with heavy sarcasm.

Stella rolled her eyes, and continued in her goal to sleep in the classroom. Only, when after a few minutes a hand landed on her shoulder, and she found herself staring into the angry eyes of her professor did she excuse herself giving the reason for her sleeping as exhaustion and a fever.

Walking out of the classroom, her book bag slung over one shoulder. Stella stopped to pull her cell out of her pocket, when she felt it buzz. She turned eyes to it, to read the text there only to bump into someone while not looking.

Letting out a low cuss, she bent to pick it up only to straighten and find herself staring into familiar silvery eyes. Her heart skipped a beat, and she swallowed as she moved to step beck, the person reached out and grabbed a hold of her wrist.

"Where are you going, Moy Ogon?"

wl