*SIX*

Lucian watched as the female left with her hand holding the younger males. He frowned despite his earlier arrogance, he'd found it increasingly interesting that she hadn't once approached him. He knew from his grandmother's words, that when one searched for their mate through the Dream Scape, both would feel the need to connect.

Yet, the female seemed more than eager to keep away from him.

Leaving the classroom, he made his way towards his next class. Only stopping when he saw Arrow approaching him with a group of his werewolf followers.

The bruise on the side of his face still hadn't faded, Luc became expressionless as they drew closer. He might have to add another bruise to Arrows collection.

They stopped in front of him, three going behind him. Lifting a brow, he quietly questioned Arrow's actions, "What do you mean by this?"

"It should be obvious." Arrow pointed to his face, "I've decided to return the favor, by giving you a special makeover."

Lucian sighed, seeing the flare of challenge in Arrow's eyes, he glanced around at his surroundings. He didn't want to get the humans involved in their scuffle. "Werewolf why is your kind so impatient?"

"I don't want to hear that from a damn Lycan!" Arrow snapped, his teeth gritted. He flicked his hand at the others, "Get him!'

Lucian braced himself for the attack, only to be surprised when all those who'd surrounded him made to move, only for roots to shoot up from the ground and wrap around their ankles.

Most fell forward to the ground, while others managed to save themselves from the embarrassing fall but were stuck, unable to move.

Arrow growled, his eyes sparking with fury. "What trick is this Lycan?" He struggled, trying to pull his foot from the grip of the root. "Lycan, you bring tricks to a fight."

Lucian observed them silently, ignoring Arrow's complaint. He was surprised at his own comfort in the situation, the energy that swirled around them felt familiar. Bending forward, he picked up the books he'd dropped when he'd prepared to fight.

Dusting them off, he walked forward towards Arrow. Stopping mere inches away from him, he smiled his eyes growing cold. "You should rejoice, it's the only reason your throat is still intact."

Turning around, he left the werewolves grumbling and griping on how to get out of their earth prison.

His eyes narrowed, as he couldn't shake the feeling of familiarity of the act,

***

With a sigh, Olive lowered her hand from the tree. The werewolves had been dripping bloodlust as they'd entered the main garden after the Lycan. Shaking off the feeling of dizziness she felt, Olive turned away from the cursing werewolves and quickly left the back garden once she realized the Lycan and the werewolves weren't going to fight.

Making her way along the path towards her dorm, Olive couldn't help but wonder at her choice to save the lycan. She truly wished not to get involved any further with him. His belief in her being his mate was scary and yet—Olive would have felt guilty leaving him to be jumped by the angry werewolves.

Deciding not to continue thinking about it. She arrived at her dorm, and as entered her room she ignored Stella who was lying face down on the floor and started changing into work clothes.

Releasing a groan, Stella tried to draw Olive's attention but Olive remain steadfast in ignoring her, in favor of instead straightening her name tag in the mirror.