*TWENTY-THREE*

Olive was having second thoughts as she sat in her class, Krishna was currently being watched by Stella. She wasn't sure if she should go with him, not only that but what would she do with Krishna.

Sighing, she barely able to focus in her class. Her mind constantly going over leaving with Lucian to see his home,

After class, she followed the other students out only to stop when she saw the very man she'd been thinking about standing out front.

He was really a very impressive figure, as he leaned against the wall. His head down, his brow was furrowed as if he was deep in thought.

"Were you waiting for me?" She asked, stopping next to him.

He jerked his head up, his eyes focusing on her intently. For a minute...just a moment, Olive had felt the urge to step back, but that feeling had quickly left when his focused look turned into a smile. He reached out taking her hand, while straightening all in one movement.

"Yes," He pulled her too his side, "I got the permission to leave with you from the Dean."

"Already?!"

He frowned, "Have you changed your mind?"

"Ah, no...No, I just didn't think it would happen so fast..." She trailed off. The Dean had always taken forever to do a single task for her, but when the big, bad wolf walked in apparently he just hopped to do Lucian's bidding.

They started walking back to the dorm, hand in hand. Olive as usual during these moments, felt a sense of peace over take her and she lost the need to pull away from him. "So...," she decided to ask, "What's your family like?"

Lucian expression turned thoughtful, "They are...aggressive, my mother is not in the picture, but my younger brother's mother is alive."

Olive blinked, "You have a step-mother? Can Lycan's have step-mothers?" She asked incredulously.

Lucian shrugged, giving her an amused look, "Not every Lycan tries as hard as I did in order to find their mate. Some or more concerned with having children in general."

"O...h," Olive nodded, in understanding her nose wrinkling, "So, the reason you searched for your mate so hard, was because of some challenge thing right?"

Lucian gave a short nod, he would prefer not to rehash his reasons for approaching Olive, but it would be easier to explain while holding her hand. And while they were alone, rather than with the others around them.

"My father...is no longer able to rule our people adequately, but...the laws state that no male lycan can challenge, or take leadership from the current Alpha without his mate present." Lucian spoke tonelessly, as if repeating something he'd heard a hundred times.q

"Why is that?" She looked him up and down, as they paused at the cross walk. Her brown eyes seemed to delve into his skin, as her hair fluttered from the wind passing over. The smell of earth and flowers hit his nose, "You seem more than capable of ruling."

"An unmated Lycan is seen as hot tempered, and immature...like the saying goes, having a family makes one mature." Lucian said, lifting his free hand he caught leaf that almost fell on her head.

She blinked lifting her eyes up, and seeing the leaf she looked back at him. The moment was still as if neither wanted to make the first move.

Lucian leaned down, drawing her closer by her hand and he hid his smirk when she closed her eyes and lifted her chin. He could see she clearly desired his kiss, allowing his smile to curve his lips, he leaned the rest of the way and gently brushed them against hers.