Chapter 12 There is a solution to every problem

I could vaguely hear someone screaming as we raced to the ground, falling rapidly through the air and closing in on the tree line. I could sense a small clearing below us, where Iris and Vulture had already landed and shove us that way, leaving Diego to use his telekinesis to keep us and the ice platform intact.

Feeling my feet freezing over, I realized that Fred was rapidly freezing everyone's feet onto the ice platform and thickening it and I couldn't help but felt impressed. This would alleviate some of Diego's stress. I could then sense someone helping me slow the platform down – Diego was trying to help me as well.

And before I knew it, we were racing pass the tree line in a much more reasonable, but still neck breaking speed, and I started breaking out of the ice shoe hold. The rest caught on to what I was doing and as soon as we were all free, I tugged on the ice platform with all my mind, sending it crashing downwards while we actually leaped up.

Tightening the rope that surrounded us, Diego wrapped us together like a bundle of flowers and using the rope as a leverage point I lowered us down. I could hear several people yapping, and I gritted my teeth as the rope dug against my skin. Just as the pain was getting unbearable, we had managed to descend the last couple of meters and landed on the ground as a not-so-graceful bundle.

As soon as I caught my breath I released us from the ropes and rolled away from Casey, who was sandwiched between Viktor and I. There were various sizes of ice chucks scattered all around us and I could see Vulture and Iris emerging from the trees nearby, no doubt having to evacuate the small landing briefing to avoid getting showered by the debris.

"Well, that was the most dramatic thing I have ever seen." Vulture said, clapping his hands at us and I was glad to hear a hint of respect. Even Iris looked mildly impressed. "But you did almost kill us with that explosion of ice."

"Each to their own." Fred muttered, helping Natalie up and sending a furtive glance at Diego, who must have been held against the two during our descent. Fred could be such a jealous boyfriend sometimes. Ok more like all the time.

"Touche." Vulture said, scratching the tip of his nose. "Well, assuming that no one saw your spectacular landing, we should still head on over to make the best use of our time."

Trying not to roll my eyes at his attitude, I felt a pang of worry about the Apocalypse. Our landing had been quite a show; anyone without the immediate area with scouts would have seen us miles away. It's best that we keep ourselves on the move.

"Your little stunt didn't work quite well now, did it?" Casey hopped next to Vulture and said to him sweetly. I shuddered at the tone that she was using, someone was in trouble.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that, love." Vulture replied, I blinked and suddenly caught on that whoever Vulture was now, he came from a Northern English Isle Citybase. "After all, it was only there so that you can prove yourselves as worthy of the mission."

Behind me, I could hear some quiet muttering and sensed that Viktor and Diego were talking quietly, stealing glances at Vulture, Iris and Casey who were at the front. Checking my eh, personal device now and then for our progress, I kept my mind out for any sign of trouble too. I could see Iris and Vulture checking things here and there, but I was the only one who had a failsafe way of alerting everyone of danger when they close in.