Chapter 23 Choose your fate

"Wow." Tristan gushed as Eleanor stopped the recorder, staring at me like he was meeting me for the first time. "You, you are a great speaker."

Suddenly feeling self-conscious with all the people in the room staring at me, I tugged a strand of hair behind my ears and felt a blush coming on. Just my luck.

"Now that we have got that out of the way." Katerina suddenly spoke up, stepping out of the shadows towards us, holding onto the sheet of paper. "We should address this."

"What is it?" I immediately asked, rotating my chair around as the Original came towards me with Saralisa close behind her, both looking serious and grave.

"It's a report." Katerina said, putting the piece of paper in front of me for everyone to see. "From the Balikova family."

I inhale sharply as I look at the now familiar sigil on the top of the paper. It was a brief report, more like a summarized memo sent explicitly to Mr. Andrewson on...

"The Legre Peace Treaty." I said the words aloud, my heart fluttering as I leaned forward to get a better look at the content. It wasn't very specific about the real issue, apart from the fact that there was a problem renewing it this decade.

"They wanted him to go back and help. That was dated over half a year ago." Katerina said, crossing her arms together in a look of annoyance. It was strange that she foresaw nothing of this. Perhaps it was a good thing, because it meant this wasn't important enough. But then I remember what Katerina told me, that she couldn't foresee everything.

"We need to get to Budapest Citybase to meet with the Balikova family." Katerina said looking straight at me. "Now is not the time to have problems with the Legres community with the Apocalypse on our back. And I would need you to come with me."

Left speechless by this turn of event, I turned around to look at the outside; I wanted to make sure that everyone from the Academy was safe, and if I wasn't mistaken, this plane was headed straight for the UGE. In fact, we really should be arriving any minutes now as we were never that far from it in the beginning.

Flipping out a phone from some hidden pocket, Katerina started to type in a number before speaking furiously into the phone in a language that I don't understand. I supposed when you are 300 years old, you bound to pick up skills along the way.

"I have arranged for us to get on another plane afterwards." Katerina reverted back to English to tell me, before giving some more instructions into the phone. I knew that I should follow her, but I didn't feel comfortable leaving everyone at Pax.

"I need to speak to a few people first." I told Katerina, peering out the window and catching a glimpse of Pax's approaching cityscape. "I can't just leave."

Nodding, Katerina motioned for me to head out the door and I quickly got up and headed out. Immediately, I could see Diego, Viktor, Casey, Fred and Natalie waiting outside the door, while a lonely Karl standing guard at the end of the corridor for some unknown reason.