Chapter 40 Order and Chaos

"You don't have to do this with me." I repeated again, facing Tom, Viktor, Diego, Chung and Charmain. Casey had volunteered as well, but if we have to go, I needed to make sure that there is only one voice in the team, and Diego was enough of a variable to risk bringing.

"Are you kidding me? Without us, your whole plan doesn't work." Viktor teased; out of all the companions I was going with, he was the only one who seemed to retain a sense of humour, or even have one to begin with. Diego was brooding in a corner, and you won't expect Tom or Chung to say much about anything most of the time. Charmain was living up to her impression as the shy girl aside from the occasional glance at Viktor, whom was still oblivious.

"Charmain, are you sure you are up for this?" I asked; if our entire plan was hinging on anyone, it would be on her, not me. There was no way for us to get inside the base the conventional way, with the entrances and exits being closely monitored by both the UGE and the Apocalypse themselves. The only thing that might work would be focusing on someone on the inside and teleport there – and we would have to teleport back out. While it sounded plain and simple when I put it that way, Charmain would be under a lot of stress if we had to transport mass amount of people out in short notices.

"I have the power bars." She answered, patting the messenger bag she was carrying. I took a deep breath and mentally checked to make sure that our surroundings were empty save for Joelle Spencer hovering behind us; she was to stay here and act as both anchor and an emergency first aid point.

"Please be careful." She pleaded, looking around the place nervously. "Sebastian would be close by keeping watch. Just get back as soon as possible."

Despite the fact that we tried to arrange a time where we can sneak off to the base undetected, the General kept us busy for the past two days. We had a meeting yesterday as to whether or not the bombing was necessary, as it could potentially erase the entire Egypt Citybase. However, in the end almost everyone was in favour of eliminating the Apocalypse as it posed an unknown threat in the world.

This meant that we only have today to pull everything together before they launch. They had decided not to tell us the exact time, just that it would either be later today or tomorrow. The others had protested against rushing in with the risk of death, however. I couldn't bear the thought of leaving without trying to save my friends and uncovering the truth.

"Who?" Tom asked, holding his hand out to me and I took Charmain's in my right hand.

"Mr. Andrewson." I answered. Diego gave me a knowing look while Tom nodded understandingly. Viktor and Charmain looked questioningly at me.

"I would need you to focus on him really hard." Charmin's soft voice instructed; "You have to think of him and only him, otherwise I would have no idea where we would end up."

I squeezed her hand harder to let her know that I understood. I fully understand the risk of teleportation and that's why I would be forever in debt to her for helping me with this mission impossible. If we all made it out alive, I am going to spare no effort to help her with Viktor.