Chapter 31 Ancient Secrets

It's hard to describe the feeling of being teleported into words, because I doubt anyone had ever felt it before and it could be an entirely new experience that defines another new feeling. And perhaps my judgement of it was off because I was hurt. However, it felt like one minute you were aware of your surroundings, flesh and blood against the world and the next moment, you were reduced to nothingness into a void. It wasn't particularly painful in the physical sense, more like you were dissolved; what was really uncomfortable was the nothingness. You couldn't feel anything, see anything, hear anything and it was suffocating.

I didn't know how long we were in that void like state for, but when I finally regained senses, I was leaning against Tom and the two of us stumbled a little, but somehow managed not to fall over. Glancing around us, I saw that everyone was in various stages of righting themselves, then realized that someone was missing.

"Where's Viktor?" Diego and Lorenzo were staring at the empty space in between them, their hands grasping air. Horrified, I looked towards Tom and Charmain next to him, the latter's face was a ghastly shade of white.

"I...I will go and get him." Stammering, Charmain squeezed her eyes shut and with a light puffing sound, she was gone again. My jaw dropped open and my brain finally came back to me; Viktor's powers must had prevented him from being taken along. Gosh, how come I didn't think of that? Now he would be alone in London Citybase, well, not anymore since Charmain went to look for him.

"Would she be alright?" I asked Tom, worried about this girl whom I had only met for half an hour. Tom's face was impassive, but the way he bit down on his lips told me that he wasn't sure either.

"This is an unexpected surprise." Saralisa's soft voice called out, she had her arms crossed in front of her chest and were eyeing us all with amusement in her eyes. Her eyes flickered to me and a look of concerned took over and she headed my way.

"She's hurt. Where?" She asked, as though she could sense my injuries and Tom quickly pointed to the back of my head. Grabbing my right arm, she touched me tentatively on the wound, causing me to wince.

"I can heal this." Saralisa said, pulling me towards some sofas that's pushed against the wall. I wasn't sure where we were yet, but the fresh wave of pain that came from the contact with Saralisa's hand was all that occupied my mind for now.

"It might feel weird, but try not to move." Saralisa instructed and I squeezed my hands out of instinct, which happened to be latched onto Tom's forearms. Giving me a reassuring smile that sent my heart racing, he patted my arms with his free hand.

Before I could respond with a smile, a tingling sensation that wasn't unlike someone pouring a bucket of ice cold water onto my head spread from my wound, causing me to gasp; I understood why Saralisa had warned me, because my first instinct was to shy away from her. Keeping my body rigid, I squeezed my eyes shut and concentrated on keeping my breathing even as the tingling sensation intensified and spread across the back of my head.

Then it started to itch, a lot. It was like the feeling you get when a scab is almost healed and about the peel off, except magnified by a hundred. I clamped down tighter on Tom's arm and felt him tense a little, but he didn't say anything or move away.